How long does it take to get a USPS delivery confirmation number into the system?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dxkj, Aug 28, 2003.

1. dxkj

dxkj Lifer

This guy on ebay sent me this tracking number 03030130000082910833 for USPS a few days ago. It still wont come up. At first he said he shipped it airborne express, but that number didnt work there either and he said he had made a mistake it was actually USPS.

He has 7500 positive and 40 negative, so Im not really worried... Im just wondering why it hasnt gone through yet, or if he is just BS'ing me on the ship date.

2. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

If he prints out the USPS tracking number from their web site, it may never get into the system.

If it was done by purchasing the option at the post office, the item should be in the system.

I would contact him and find out how the DC was generated.

3. InverseOfNeo

InverseOfNeo Diamond Member

Yea, one of my packages that I sent never got in the system until the day before it was delivered.:Q

4. vegetation

vegetation Diamond Member

It's not a tracking number, it's a delivery confirmation number. Big difference. That means when the item is delivered, the package is scanned as such, nothing in between. It's a tool for the shipper to make sure you got your package, nothing more.

5. dartworth

dartworth Lifer

Sometimes the package doesn't get scanned until delivery. And sometimes it won't even get scanned then either.

6. dxkj

dxkj Lifer

ah ok, I probably just misunderstood. Its not a tracking number..... for some reason I thought it was.