How long does it take to get a response from nvidia about reporting a bug?

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
It depends really.First of all they have to validate it, have you provided the "steps to reproduce"? if it is a sporadic issue it may take a long time to reproduce it.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Regardless I hope its shorter than AMD's bug system, 14 months and counting and still no acknowledgement.

ICDP

Nov 15, 2012
I logged a driver bug report with Nvidia about missing shadows on FSX when I had an 8800GTX. That was in 2007.

I also logged a a bug report about the GTX680 vsync stutter bug in March 2012 and never received a response.

So two incidents logged and no response with either. So don't hold out too much hope of a quick response. :sneaky:

Both were eventually fixed after a very long time.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Regardless I hope its shorter than AMD's bug system, 14 months and counting and still no acknowledgement.

They just don't like you. :D

I've only ever filed one bug report. It was to AMD. They responded really fast, in a day or two. I was having crashing problems in Cinema 4D using a 3870. They told me they didn't offer support for pro apps running on Radeon cards. Which shows that they do read them. They just only respond when they aren't going to do anything. lol

The problem was fixed two drivers later. I had rolled back to the previous driver in the meantime, which was fine.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
You know that Nvidia isn't a Dolphin developer, right?
Yes. However, with R275 drivers on my old 560 Ti with the same settings, the texture aliasing wasn't there. That means the problem is on nvidia's side.

You know that Gamecube and Wii games aren't made for the PC, right?
Yes. Gamecube and Wii games have terrible texture aliasing when played on the Gamecube and wii, but Dolphin makes it so that you can play them without texture aliasing provided the drivers aren't screwed up.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've never had luck with AMD's or Nvidia's bug reporting. I seriously think anything submitted goes directly to an email trash bin.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
You need to be a business or a reviewer to get noticed I would have thought.