How long does it take newegg to ship to you?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ze Mad Doktor, May 11, 2005.

1. Ze Mad Doktor

Ze Mad Doktor Banned

I live like 35 miles away from Newegg's warehouse. My order went out yesterday (5/10). Am I wrong for thinking that even if I choose the cheapest shipping it should be here the next day. I mean 35 miles and the delivery says it is scheduled on 5/13.

It almost makes me think Fedex purposefully sits on packages if they are shipped regular ground.

It sucks living in the same state I have to pay sales tax too, least they could do is get it to me quickly.

Maybe next time I should email them and ask about pickup LOL.

2. Novaoblivion

Novaoblivion Member

The fedex tracking number is usualy wrong for me it comes a day early.

3. imported_Kensai

You should've just stopped by for a pick-up. :p

4. frank84

frank84 Golden Member

2 or 3 business days..

5. Matthias99

Matthias99 Diamond Member

It might arrive the next day (sometimes Fedex beats their estimates), but sometimes it won't. If there aren't any other packages being dropped off in your area the next day, they won't send a truck out just to deliver a single non-rush package. They'll wait until they can send it with a bunch of other packages going to the same general area.

Big shippers like Fedex/UPS take all their packages back to a central sort facility, then figure out where they're going. So it's at least a 1-day turnaround, no matter how close the destination is. And if they have a lot of high-priority packages that come through that same facility on a particular day, the low-priority ones have to wait.

6. Ze Mad Doktor

Ze Mad Doktor Banned

Hmm hehe 2 days I could still beat on foot :)

I'm just anxious to get my memory. Been sitting on this 3200+ for like two months using 2700 memory. I have been defiling it by doing so. Now I just can't wait to crank it up.

7. twitchee2

twitchee2 Platinum Member

i live about 1-1.5 hour drive north of their werhouse it was at my door step in less then 36 hours

8. Ze Mad Doktor

Ze Mad Doktor Banned

Eh they probably have more orders going to the N.NJ/NYC area than the Trenton/Princeton area. Hopefully it will be waiting for me tomorrow when I get home from work.

9. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

Where is their warehouse?

10. Toro 45

Toro 45 Diamond Member

should be there tomorrow, like mentioned above mine are always a day earlier than the Fedex tracking date.

11. NTB

NTB Diamond Member

If I order on Monday or Tuesday, I usually have my stuff by the end of the week.

And yes, FedEx / UPS will sit on packages occasionally - they did it to me once. Sent it out on the truck, then brought it back "because it was too early". I got it a day or two after that.

Nate

12. Umberger

Umberger Golden Member

Also, sometimes FedEx does funny things with packages. Mine went from NJ to TN, to VA when I ordered some stuff. It's really luck of the draw, although FedEx is usually a day ahead of their own prediction.

13. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Diamond Member

i live in kalamazoo, michigan...(about 50 miles south of grand rapids, opposite side of the state to detroit)
    my packages go past me to get to the regional center in grand rapids and they always get here a day early
    if they skipped the trip up to GR (always sits there for a day) id get it 2 days early

14. Gurck

Gurck Banned

Sometimes 2, usually 3 days, never longer - keep in mind this is m-f, weekends don't count for fedex 2-3 day.

15. imported_g33k

imported_g33k Senior member

Living in Whittier CA, which is less than 10 miles away from their La Puente wharehouse. It NEVER takes more than two days for newegg to deliver to me, sometimes its next day. I wish Newegg had a Will Call pick up service. To save on shipping charges, I wouldn't mind driving up their and picking up my stuff, if I could.

16. corkyg

corkyg Elite Member<br>Super Moderator <br>Peripherals
    Super Moderator

Usually 1 day less than advertised if it is shipped from California.

17. bjc112

bjc112 Lifer

I live in Phoenix and I ordered Monday @ 8am. Received it Tuesday by noon without even paying the 2.99.

18. JBT

JBT Lifer

From cali ussually 3-4 days. From NJ ussually 2-3 days. Some times from the NJ warehouse Fedex will get it then it will hangout there for an extra day. It ticks me off but still gets here in 3 days. In any case I still get packages a day before it says.