How long does Chinese food keep?

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Bought some for dinner last night, and I forgot about it today. I put it in the fridge last night. Rice noodles with veggies and chicken.

It's still good tomorrow right?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't know ... every time in my life that I've gotten food poisening its been from old/bad/spoiled chinese food so I'd be careful & be sure to nuke the daylights out of that chicken before eating it!

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Captante
I don't know ... every time in my life that I've gotten food poisening its been from old/bad/spoiled chinese food so I'd be careful & be sure to nuke the daylights out of that chicken before eating it!

How many... :confused:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CKent

eh some bugs have a delay, so people tend to blame the wrong meal for their poisoning

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
It keeps as long as any cooked food... we keep it in the fridge for days at times.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i always stick leftovers in the fridge, but never end up eating them. so at the end of the week i have a shitload of old food from every day and i have to throw it out :(

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
Chinese food has a half life of .458 days. You better throw what ever little leftovers you have out.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: CKent

eh some bugs have a delay, so people tend to blame the wrong meal for their poisoning

Three times that I'm 99% sure it was the leftover Chinese that did it, although one of them was my fault because I ate a 4 day old pork dish without heating it first ... I think I would have been ok even that time if I'd heated it sufficiently.