how long does a seller on ebay have to contact you?

rhino56

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
like from the point i won the auction and paid for it thru paypal same time.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The seller doesn't have to do anything but send you your item. Contact via e-mail, shipping notifications, etc., are all optional (but very appreciated) things that sellers can do to make their customers happy.

rhino56

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
The seller doesn't have to do anything but send you your item. Contact via e-mail, shipping notifications, etc., are all optional (but very appreciated) things that sellers can do to make their customers happy.
how long do they have to send it?

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
When I'm buying if I don't hear from the seller within 3 days, even to say "thanks", i'll get in touch and ask for an update.

When i'm selling i'm almost always around when it finishes, and i always get in touch with the winning bidder and try to get things flowing as quickly as possible.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
You can start proceedings after 10 days. I just did today for a seller with over 450 positives that appears to have disappeared on me (and from the looks of his recent feedback, a few others as well)

rhino56

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
i really hope this guy doesnt try to rip me off, im tired of getting ripped off.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
calm down. 5 days isn't much. give another week or more (realize that it's also a holiday weekend) and if your item doesn't arrive at that point, you can contact the seller.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
My Mets tickets better get here today. Who the hell ships USPS priority mail 3 days before the game ? I won the auction 6 days ago and it promised UPS 2-day air. Then he pulled that crap. :|

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
Just send an email, asking to make sure that tehy got your payment ok and if they have shipped out the item. I am a seller 99% of the time and these types of emails are not offensive at all.

Carl Uman

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2000
If it wasn't stated in the auction then I would a week at most to get it shipped plus time to get to you (maybe another week). I had the same deal where I bought something and it took them a week after I paid before they shipped. I left a positive feedback but stated that it was a week to ship. Over all it was positive as everything was great.

rhino56

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
okay he said he mailed it and i should have it tommorrow. i always jump the gun i guess.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
normally they will send an invoice,
but since u already paid for it,
yeah most will just do the basic step of sending the item immediately

but jus to let you know that he has received the funds,
will normally reply in a few days.

otherwise, you'd just expect the item to pop up at ur mail box or door step one fine day

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: rhino56

you didn't buy one of those lots of 50 AMD 64 fx55 CPU's. did you?

rhino56

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by: redly1
Originally posted by: rhino56

you didn't buy one of those lots of 50 AMD 64 fx55 CPU's. did you?

no,lol

i got it today, im just used to dealing in forums i guess where i expect people to be right there with any questions i have and fast answers.
looks like its new too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY