How long do you have to wait to get a response from a legal department?

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I had a question that pertained to copyright for HSN, so they told me to send a letter (not email) to the legal dept. I did, and sent it out.

The thing is, that was over a month ago. Probably close to 6 weeks. What the hell takes them so long to respond? I mean jeez, how many legal questions can they get, if a customer doesn't like a piece of jewelry or whatever you are allowed to send it back, free of charge, so I don't see how things can go wrong/spam up the legal dept. mail.

I got a number to call, but what good would this do, anything they say over the phone won't be good for I'd need it in writing...

I'm just very frustrated. I could have easily gone ahead and done this 'thing' w/o contacting the dept. but I wanted to be safe...

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
From what I have seen, legal departments often ignore anything they do not have to respond to because that way they do not have to take a legally binding position.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Sent it first class, regular mail, yes. It was just a letter from me, I'm just an 18 year old kid, it wasn't professional (by that I mean from a lawyer).

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I would find the name of their head legal counsel, send another letter via USPS Certified Mail with return receipt.