How long can we put up with this and when will we say enough is enough ?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Drift3r
When will we wake up and realize that we are not the policemen of world ?
2004, if the Dems don't kill each other during the primaries.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar
Iraq must be seen through

Yup, to pull out now would result in Saddam Hussein 2: The Revenge

In this sequel, Saddam Hussein would have no compunction in developing an actual WMD program, perhaps even be willing to sell or give said WMD to anyone with a desire to attack the US/Britain. Hell, North Korea would probably give him(maybe even Iran) a Nuke just to rub the US's face in it.

I think we can already see where the "War on Terror" is headed, so far it has been an utter failure and has gone totally awry with the Iraq War. So far it's: Bush 0, Evil Peeps 2

Brie

May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Drift3r
When will we wake up and realize that we are not the policemen of world ?

Two U.S. Soldiers Killed Near Mosul, in Northen Iraq

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030720/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

So we are not the policemen of the world becuause our troops get killed?? Sounds to me like we are indeed the policemen of the world by the wording of your question. I believe that some people "woke up" months ago and realized that even though troops will get killed, their pressence is needed.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

In this sequel, Saddam Hussein would have no compunction in developing an actual WMD program, perhaps even be willing to sell or give said WMD to anyone with a desire to attack the US/Britain. Hell, North Korea would probably give him(maybe even Iran) a Nuke just to rub the US's face in it.

I think we can already see where the "War on Terror" is headed, so far it has been an utter failure and has gone totally awry with the Iraq War. So far it's: Bush 0, Evil Peeps 2

I think the evil peeps might disagree with your score.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

They might, but they still live and seemingly still command forces.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

They might, but they still live and seemingly still command forces.

It is uncertain on whether Saddam or Bin laden are still alive. If they are still alive, they have much less wealth and power today, than they did not long ago.