Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iamme, Aug 7, 2002.
It smells fine...
I don't think i'd leave it longer than overnight at the most...
If it's older than that, make sure you heat it up really HOT in the microwave to kill any bacteria.
I'd say 12 - 24 hours...depends on the air temperature though.
What about 2 nights?
I'd atleast wash it first
Thats pushing it.
If you decide to take the plunge, heat it thoroughly.
if it has no meat, 2 days is probably safe.
if it has meat, i guess the kind affects it. salami would last longer than say hamburger, I figure.
FYI: Bacteria can multiply in a matter of hours at temps from 40 to 140. Room temperature is 70-80 and is prime breeding ground.
If you are going to eat it, I would bake the sucker at 350 for at least several minutes to kill all the germs.
who puts salami on their pizza .....do you mean pepperoni?
Damn you, bacteria!!
Staph Aureus bacteria are the most common cause of food poisoning. They are found in your nose and often on your hands. If they make it to your food, they reproduce and make a toxin. You can bake the little suckers and kill them, but the toxin they produce does not break down in heat and can still cause food poisoning. I wouldn't eat the pizza.
General rule: When pizza sprouts hair, it's time to throw it out.
Take a taste, if it tastes fine then go for it......
Wow, it sounds like you know whay you're talking about
The word toxins has ruined my appetite for 2 day old pizza.....
Just wash it down with beer, it's all good.
My feelings exactly, a little food poisoning will only strengthen your immune system.
Single criterion: can you still tell it's pizza? Hint: get a third-party opinion.
pizza going bad? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
LMAO at this thread
Back when I was single, one time I left half a pizza on the counter at home when I went on a business trip. I was gone about a week and when I got back I noticed a few ants crawling around the counter. I opened the pizza box and the pizza was gone! I guess ants don't give a sh!t about bacteria.
Holy sh**! That's alot of pizza for tiny ants!
If it's been 2 days, throw it away - not worth getting sick over.
I usually let my pizza sit out for 4 or less hours before eating the rest or putting it in the fridge.
Usually the same time period I let me pizza sit before it goes in the fridge. Its not just the meat that goes bad too, the cheese is probly just as bad if not worse.