How long can guy next door park his car in front of my house before I get to bash it in with a bat legally?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
No forklift handy?

Get a jack and a set of these:

Top 5 Best Car Dollies In 2021 - Ultimate Reviews & Buyer's Guide

In the middle of the night, jack it up, set these under, roll it in front of his house, take these out.

Hope it doesn't have an alarm that senses vibration.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Supposedly a dry lentil fits perfectly under the tire valve-caps (which you leave loose) and will drain the tires overnight but not actually damage anything.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Supposedly a dry lentil fits perfectly under the tire valve-caps (which you leave loose) and will drain the tires overnight but not actually damage anything.
SunFuture Valve Core Tool Set,Tire Valve Repair Tool,1 Pcs Single Head Valve Core Remover,1 Pcs Dual Head Valve Core Remover,1 Pcs 4-Way Valve Tool,10 Pcs Pcs Tire Valve Caps,20 Pcs Valve Cores https://a.co/d/h6CyqJG

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
A couple years back my neighbors were getting some work done and their contractor parked a big ass tractor in front of my house untouched for weeks, drove me insane after a while. I use that spot so my wife and I don’t have to shuffle cars around our single width driveway. It wasn’t even a road vehicle with plates and registration and my neighbors had plenty of room in front of their house or on their property. Got that ugly POS ticketed and couldn’t care less if it was petty

Reactions: pcgeek11

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I hate to admit it, but if there was a SaltyNuts reality show on one of the streaming services, I'd subscribe to it just to see how one of his "normal" days actually went.

You want the fantasy-life or the real one? ;)

77dc22b07cd46a52efa907a22d831875.jpg

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I had typed out a huge post about something that happened to me like this about 15 years ago. I am not gonna post it. Trust me. Let it go...

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Sleep with his wife. He is already pissed with you, how much more pissed can he really get anymore?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Sleep with his wife. He is already pissed with you, how much more pissed can he really get anymore?
Although Salty should warm up first as to not injure himself. The last thing he needs is to be laid up for a few weeks, not being able to make his soap and play around in his organic garden. Even big good looking guys need to take certain precautions.

NSFW
pvcth.gif

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Hey guys. Dude moved his car a few days after this. He saw me and he said "hey man, sorry for parking my car in front of your house, I was having people come over to do construction and I wanted to make sure they had plenty of space to park." It was an absolute LIE. He didn't have ANYONE come over to do any "construction". He was just telling me something that I would know is a lie to make some hint of, "I'm bullshitting now and you know it, and I know you know it, but I don't give a shit you know it, and I have no shame and if you piss me off I'll park it in front of your house in the future too and tell some stupid lie then too" bullshit.

Fuck him. I'm waiting 4 months and giving him some of the Dr. Detroit action. He was one of the few non-trolls in this thread LOL...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Fuck him. I'm waiting 4 months and giving him some of the Dr. Detroit action. He was one of the few non-trolls in this thread LOL...
Petty shit leads to even more petty shit.

People get seriously hurt/killed over petty shit like this around the world all the time. If you're actually serious about this whole thing (still not sure based on what you post here, but whatever), make sure you're willing to deal with whatever fallout that may come over doing/worrying about petty shit.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I can relate to the op.
The neighbor across the street from my dad parks right in front of my dads house. The big problem is on garbage day, when my dad "should" put the bin on the curb in the grassy area. But NO... this is where the neighbor always parks his car (actually truck) so the garbage men can not get to my dads garbage bin unless my dad puts the bin at the end of his driveway. All the other neighbors get to put their bin on their curb but not my dad. He must always put his right in his driveway alongside the street.
If his driveway is blocked off from a garbage bin then no one can get in or out without getting out of their car and moving the bin, then moving it back again.
Hmmmm. A baseball bat you say???? Any specific brand?

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I can relate to the op.
The neighbor across the street from my dad parks right in front of my dads house. The big problem is on garbage day, when my dad "should" put the bin on the curb in the grassy area. But NO... this is where the neighbor always parks his car (actually truck) so the garbage men can not get to my dads garbage bin unless my dad puts the bin at the end of his driveway. All the other neighbors get to put their bin on their curb but not my dad. He must always put his right in his driveway alongside the street.
If his driveway is blocked off from a garbage bin then no one can get in or out without getting out of their car and moving the bin, then moving it back again.
Hmmmm. A baseball bat you say???? Any specific brand?

Sounds like your neighbor is offering to use his truck bed as the garbage bin...