How Long Before Trump Fires Dr. Fauci?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

When will Trump fire Dr. Fauci

• Within 24 hours of this poll, the Stock Market is taking a beating... we need a win!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • End of this week. Dr. Fauci has failed. The President can't accept such failure.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • End of March. Dr. Fauci needs to talk to Tim Covid and set thing straight!!

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • End of April. Dr. Faucettuci has FAILED!!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • End of the Summer. He did such a horrible job, we can't allow him to hurt Americans again...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
  • “Fauci is now saying that had Trump listened to the medical experts earlier he could’ve saved more lives,” wrote Lorraine.
  • “Fauci was telling people on February 29th that there was nothing to worry about and it posed no threat to the US public at large,” she continued. “Time to #FireFauci.”
Fascinating.
Are these facts correct?

Of course not!

Fauci said on February 29th that the risk was currently low and that things didn't have to change right then, but he also said that the situation could change. The problem, of course, is that Trump fans either ignore the context or deliberately twist it to make Fauci sound like the problem.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

... damn.

Reality just doesn't register to conservatives... wait, wasn't the Right accusing the Left of being detached from reality??

This is the interview in question-

Trump called it a hoax the night before but he needs a scapegoat. Messonier put it in stronger terms a few days before but hadn't cleared it with the White House so they sent Fauci out to soft peddle it, which he kinda did. Like he said, it's complicated, particularly with Trump in the middle of it. But it's all his fault, of course. Revisionist history at its finest.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I picked the second one assuming that the Fauci failed was being snarking. He isn't the point of failure. Sadly, I think Trump is officially done with him.
TBH, I don't care if he fires Fauci. I care about one thing politically now and that's the defeat of DJT at the polls come November. Right now the governors have more power than the deceitist in charge.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
  • “Fauci is now saying that had Trump listened to the medical experts earlier he could’ve saved more lives,” wrote Lorraine.
  • “Fauci was telling people on February 29th that there was nothing to worry about and it posed no threat to the US public at large,” she continued. “Time to #FireFauci.”
Fascinating.
Are these facts correct?

No, the second is certainly not as has been demonstrated in this very thread.

Edit: Wait, maybe demonstrated in the other Fauci thread.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Donald "Lying" Trump can't contain himself. He can't wait to use Fauci as his scapegoat. <--- Take the blame off me and put it on him. That is how a "snake" operates.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Poor Dr Faucitortellini... he is trying his best to calm everyone... he is even preaching for the benefit of restarting the economy!

You've lasted far longer than I ever expected! I hope he goes the distance.