How is Video Playback and Display Resolution with Apple Mac Mini?

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Anyone tried out the Apple Mac Mini and run it to your large widescreen displays (Plasma / LCD) through HDMI or DVI connection?

Does it accept your TV's native resolution? so that all pixels fit and line up perfectly (1:1 pixel mapping)?

If you have 768p display, can it do 1366 x 768 with 1:1 pixel mapping through HDMI or DVI?

If the images and texts look blurry there is no point of going Mac Mini. This is one of the things I worry about.

Have you had any issues with it? bugs or compatibility issues for viewing videos?

anyone?

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
Are you talking about a new one? It'll have no problem. The only limitation will be the quality of the display. Output will be either displayport or displayport->DVI.

In fact, at $600, it is a bit overkill. Does it need to be a Mac?

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Are you talking about a new one? It'll have no problem. The only limitation will be the quality of the display. Output will be either displayport or displayport->DVI.
Yeah the new model.
Are you referring to the onboard video controller having limitation in video quality? Is it bad compared to say.. ATi Radeon cards?

In fact, at $600, it is a bit overkill. Does it need to be a Mac?
I prefer Mac Mini as I have owned Macbook Pro laptop before and I quite liked the OS X Lion.

But I don't mind Windows OS either. More compabillity only a plus.

cheez

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
Yeah the new model.
Are you referring to the onboard video controller having limitation in video quality? Is it bad compared to say.. ATi Radeon cards?

I meant the quality of the TV/monitor, not the computer. With the exception of one exceedingly minor factor, you won't get any better image quality with even the highest end card.

I prefer Mac Mini as I have owned Macbook Pro laptop before and I quite liked the OS X Lion.

But I don't mind Windows OS either. More compabillity only a plus.

cheez

Fair enough. If you're willing to pay to use OSX, go for it.