How is the message of change going to be met by the paranoid

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In looking over some of the threads this morning I can already see the gnashing and wailing of the paranoid right expressing their delusions of all the disasters now being hatched by Liberals to destroy them.

This mental illness is of course the result of years and years of brainwashing in churches and homes, particularly in the defeated south and undereducated rural areas, places of traditional insularity, but certainly not confined there. The bogeyman has become President.

We know that one of the ways paranoia can be treated is by confronting ones fears, finding out from direct contact the delusional nature of fear. Similarly, in large metropolitan areas of mixed races with successful businesses and plentiful jobs, the bigotry of racism can't survive. One sees all around people there are good and bad people of all kinds.

So have we crossed a water mark in the tide of history? Is the insularity, bigotry, hate and fear of the right about to die. Will we see that all the garbage that has been pumped in their head is insane as we awaken from this nightmare, or will we stay frozen in time?

I think we can because I bet on hope. The natural state of human beings is to love. It is why the young are so inspired by Obama. They haven't yet fully died. Can we join them?

I suggest that we try.

Sep 12, 2004
The paranoid beards have all grown longer overnight.

Out with the old paranoid of the last 8 years, in with the new.

KGB

Diamond Member
May 11, 2000
In a way, the Terrorist, Liberal, Commie, Muslim abortionist living under the bed has been removed. Only to be placed by the Gay marriage-loving, Gay agenda-promoting, traditional marriage-wrecking Butterbeans.

We have a ways to go.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
The ball is in the dem's court. House, Senate, Executive. It will be fun to see the left squirm every time Obama makes a center/right move, or royally fucks up. No more blaming the "repugs" or the right wing-nuts.

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
We are the Government.

Let's not abdicate our responsibility, and let's not let small-minded administrators tell us differently. No need for paranoia.

Change has come to America--and that change is us.

And GWB get out of my house.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
There has definitely been some very crazy talk the last 24.

Repeat after me, boys and girls
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
The ball is in the dem's court. House, Senate, Executive. It will be fun to see the left squirm every time Obama makes a center/right move, or royally fucks up. No more blaming the "repugs" or the right wing-nuts.

Don't bet on it. Though, we were not allowed to blame Clinton for anything starting January 2000, you can bet your left nut that the libs on this board will place blame for any bad news over the next two to four years on Bush and his policies.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
How is the message of change going to be met by the paranoid?

They will cling to guns and religion.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

Don't bet on it. Though, we were not allowed to blame Clinton for anything starting January 2000, you can bet your left nut that the libs on this board will place blame for any bad news over the next two to four years on Bush and his policies.

True. But it will be fun to see them try and blame Biden's "6 month surprise" on any previous administration.

Nov 30, 2006
Yes Moonbeam...conservatives are delusional, paranoid, mentally ill, brainwashed, undereducated, hateful bigots and racists, and have no possible valid reason to be concerned...all is good now that Obama is coming to lead us. He has truly inspired us to love and return to our natural state.

Do yourself a favor...just take 60 seconds to listen to what you're saying.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA

Don't bet on it. Though, we were not allowed to blame Clinton for anything starting January 2000.
Not allowed? By whom? And it certainly didn't stop multiple members from doing it anyways. Hell, some still blame Regan, how fucked up is that? This place is largely populated by either disingenuous or deluded people.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I think the Democrats, especially the OP, aught to wait a while before opening their mouths.

The guy hasn't even been inaugurated yet, and you guys already want to believe he'll be the greatest president ever and bring this idea of radical "change." I hate to burst you all's bubble, but while I think most (including myself) hope Obama will be a good president, there's a lot of doubts that should bring some patience to the party. Bill Clinton ran on a platform of change, too, and he didn't change anything. Nothing concrete, that's for sure.

But rather than run down a list of issues, problems, and voting history, perhaps those who want to celebrate early should consider the excitement the Right felt after Bush won in 2000. Yeah, oops.

I'll say it again for those who missed it. I hope Obama does a good job. But I'll withhold judgment. Obama is a great speaker, let's see if he's as good in his actions.