How is T-MOBILE service in Bay Area???

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Do u mean the T-mobile the mobile division of Deutsche Telekom - u have that in the States??? Dunno I am at Vodafone my dad at T-mobile neither of us is complaining but why should we - it doesnt matter what company u are at, they are all the same.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I haven't heard they started up yet. I tought they were only in the Ft. Lauderdale/ Miami area in Florida.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Not sure actually, they didn't have Voicestream in the Bay Area before that became T-Mobile, so there's not much to go by.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
Originally posted by: yakko
I haven't heard they started up yet. I tought they were only in the Ft. Lauderdale/ Miami area in Florida.

lol! boLbim33 meant the real bay area... the one in california :p

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: dakata24

I find it amusing how you say real and then contradict yourself by saying California.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000

I find it amusing how you say real and then contradict yourself by saying California.

hey, it's late. so sue me.. i should have said "the one and only".. ask people where the bay area is, and 99.9% will say california.. not florida. and the real bay area is in california so i really didnt contradict myself :confused:

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
People keep saying they use the Cingular network so maybe you should ask "How is the Cingular network in the Bay Area?" and "How is T-Mobile customer service?"

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
i love how yakko always answers "bay area" threads as if people are talking about florida. i think he does it on purpose. haha

having lived in the san francisco bay area all my life, just saying bay area is good enough for me but i think it's best saying california bay area or san francisco bay area on forums as large as this one where not everyone is from cali. :)

yakko: what areas does the bay area in florida cover anyway? i'm just curious since you always mention it. never been to florida before.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
jonnyjack,

I do do it on purpose. I was born and raised here in Tampa, Florida which is on Tampa Bay and makes up part of the Tampa Bay Area or Bay Area for short. People who live and work around a bay like Tampa Bay or Green Bay tend to think of their area first before California.

Here is a decent map. The Bay Area actually goes just a little further south to include Sarasota.

dakata24,

If you had said one and only you would be even more wrong as the people around Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Hudson Bay, Tawas Bay, Terrace Bay(actually in America Jr.) Silver Bay, and others would know better.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
plug in "Bay Area" in google or yahoo, and what are the first results.. that's right.. S.F. Bay Area.. ;)

worth

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2001
Oh, SF Bay Area! I thought You were talking about the Bay Area in Mozambique...

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
plug in "Bay Area" in google or yahoo, and what are the first results.. that's right.. S.F. Bay Area.. ;)

That doesn't mean it is the only or the best. Their are a lot of things you could type into a search engine where the crap comes out first.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001

That doesn't mean it is the only or the best. Their are a lot of things you could type into a search engine where the crap comes out first.

It's the best :)
One of the reasons is it's not in the wang of America.

bolbim33

Sep 20, 2000
haha. forums...so back to the question now! =) I guess T-mobile is still too new that no one has it yet. I guess i'll be brave and take the risk first.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: boLbim33
haha. forums...so back to the question now! =) I guess T-mobile is still too new that no one has it yet. I guess i'll be brave and take the risk first.

The last I heard, they were using Cingular's towers I think. And Cingular isn't great in the Bay Area.