How is it humans can be so wonderful and so disgusting

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I save cats, look at the way I am treated here. Even by the OP.

Seems humans don't understand the arguments they are trying to fight most of the time.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Seems humans don't understand the arguments they are trying to fight most of the time.

Yup, somehow its always about you buddy. Even when its about a cat in Jersey.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
The fact that they are trying to save this kitten is evil in it's self. They will amputate it's ears what's next? Kitten should have been humanly put down. Who will want to adopt Freddy Kruger?
Sometimes the more humane thing is to end suffering not to prolong it.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011

You are right you have received some of the crappiest treatment by members of this board. They don't care about your feelings at all, but save a kitten story and everyone stands on a soap box.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Who will want to adopt Freddy Kruger?

I would. I found a cat once with oozing, missing eyes. It lived in my van for a few days until I could figure out what to do with it. I didn't want my cat to catch whatever it was that had, and I didn't have the money to get it fixed. I ended up taking it to the SPCA. I felt terrible cause it was a real sweetheart. If I hadn't already had a cat, I would have kept it, and tried to fix it as best I could.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Humans are generally shit. Fixing the kitten isn't exceptional imo if that's what you're getting at. It's the duty of thinking beings to help all under distress when delivered to them, regardless of the distressed creature's station in life.

That's what the media would like to have you believe. But I digress. Society would be nowhere near the civilization it is now if that was the case.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Good is the antidote for shittiness. So when people fail, or do bad things, you see them do nice things to calm the feelings they have of being evil and awful. As a whole I think people are awful and do good things to ease the guilt of the awful things.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Good is the antidote for shittiness. So when people fail, or do bad things, you see them do nice things to calm the feelings they have of being evil and awful. As a whole I think people are awful and do good things to ease the guilt of the awful things.

Speak for yourself asshole.

Jesus fuck... people need to stop burying themselves into the ridiculous gloom and doom of the media.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You are right you have received some of the crappiest treatment by members of this board. They don't care about your feelings at all, but save a kitten story and everyone stands on a soap box.

Oh god you are so cute when yur naive.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
Serious question... Do other animals kill and maim for pleasure?

Cats do.

"wonderful" as referenced in thread title not found. The person or people responsible for doing that will very likely do horrible things to people as well.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Most humans are good, except for future serial killers in the making. They all get their start torturing poor defenseless animals.

Last edited:

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Chimpanzees will murderously kill another monkey who strays into their territory, even a smaller one that doesn't pose any threat to them, then proceed to celebrate or revel in their 'victory' by abusing the interloper's corpse, rip it to shreds and eat it (often fighting among themselves over who gets the last scrap).

Murder purely for pleasure or gratification is pretty rare among humans. Usually its rage, if even terribly misplaced or misguided.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Screw the picture when you can just watch this over and over:

hEC178E5F

SkullWalker

Mar 22, 2012
You know what's frightening? That people tend to do these things to their own kin, own children, not only animals...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I tend to view people who do this to higher forms of life need to be eliminated from the gene pool. But I am pretty fanatical about dealing with people who abuse animals.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
reminds me of how bears eat. theyre not as nice as crocodiles. crocs will drown you or whatever they can do to make you dead quickly.

bears just start eating. they dont care. "ooh, those legs look great. CHOMP. ok im bored now, ill come back in a few min"

At least it gives you time to call your mom and let her know you are being eaten.

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
I grew up in a bad neighborhood where there was some fascination with kittens being set on fire. I remember my brother and sisters rescued a kitten some kids had dumped in turpentine and were going to set it on fire. Or another kitten they set the tail on fire, there's a word for people like that it's sociopath.

It's why I do feral rescue as an adult, anyone need a kitten or a barn cat in the Saint Louis area?

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
A human being is a very irrational being.

The creature that did this was probably perfectly rational. Their actions were the result of the desire to set a kitten on fire. They thought they could do it without getting caught, so they did it. It's the same way we all conceive of and carry out basically everything we do. All they needed was a lack of empathy for kittens.

It's very likely this person will continue with this kind of behavior until they get caught. People like that should probably be put out of their misery as soon as they are identified. I mean that in a rational sense rather than an emotional desire to punish them. Nothing good can come of the urges they have.

Those pictures hurt my heart BTW.

Last edited: