How is Angry Birds possibly entertaining?

Zen0

Jan 30, 2011
This is a serious question, but I suppose I am wondering how anyone manages to be entertained by Angry Birds for more than a minute?

So far, I haven't found a single iOS "game" worth actually devoting time to.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
This is a serious question, but I suppose I am wondering how anyone manages to be entertained by Angry Birds for more than a minute?

Exactly why I didn't buy a SteveJobs phone.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

It's challenging. It's fun to solve the levels.

Exactly why I didn't buy a SteveJobs phone.

Really? Is that really why you didn't buy an iPhone?

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008

Shrug. It's a game. You fling shit and hope to knock stuff down. It's played on a phone...nobody takes it seriously.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000

I am not a fan either but casual gamers like kids love it for some reason.

Order & Chaos has been stealing my time a lot on my iPad2. Also Puzzle Quest 2, Broken Sword series, Galaxy on Fire 2, etc., there are good games out there. You haven't looked hard enough.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

The only games I've enjoyed on my phone have been run by emulators, although I've just found some instructions on how to get Baldurs Gate running so thats something I'm going to try. Hopefully it will work for all the related games as well.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
It's challenging. It's fun to solve the levels.

Really? Is that really why you didn't buy an iPhone?

No not really the only reason. I don't like playing games on a phone for the most part. But on the other hand I like the depth of customization that Android offers that the SteveJobs phone doesn't.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
It is fun every now and then. I certainly think it got hyped up. I played games like it many years ago online and I think they were probably more well done. I wish I could find them.

Zen0

Jan 30, 2011
The only games I've enjoyed on my phone have been run by emulators, although I've just found some instructions on how to get Baldurs Gate running so thats something I'm going to try. Hopefully it will work for all the related games as well.

I can see BG1 & 2 being fun again on an iPad but not on a small screen.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Even Seasons and RIO?

Regular + seasons. I do not yet have RIO, I suppose I'll download it and get to work.

I have been searching all my life for the gift that God gave me. I have discovered Angry Birds is it.

:thumbsup:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I can see BG1 & 2 being fun again on an iPad but not on a small screen.

Yeah, I'm interested to find out. The original res was quite low (640*480?).

I know a lot of stuff for GB or SNES runs fine.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Hey look, it's a "Everyone likes something and it's mainstream, therefore I am too sophisticated to like it." thread!

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Hey look, it's a "Everyone likes something and it's mainstream, therefore I am too sophisticated to like it." thread!

meh. I actually tried to like it, but it's just so boring. There's practically no strategy involved. I can't imagine the patience it must have taken to fling birds randomly until 3-starring every level.