how is 3d mark van gpu score of 14601? n confused abt other things too....

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
ok guys i just got my asus 6850's which i've put in crossfire...

1.ran 3d mark vantage build 1.0.1 ....now i selected 1080p resolution with texture, shadow, shaders at high...post processing ratio- 1:2....multisample count-2...anistropy filtering at 8...loop count-1......

2. in system info it's saying that there are 2 linked display adapters...i guess that means crossfire is active isn't it?

so how is the score?....please tell me if there's anything wrong.

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
and one more thing guys.... ya i'm not able to set the resolution properly ....i mean when i'm setting my desktop @ 1920 x 1080 the screen is not being scaled properly ...not covering the screen properly...there are black bands at the edges although not significant but still little noticeable...it's covering like 98% percent of what it should...... can i fix that?

hawtdawg

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2005
just run a performance preset, when you go doing your own custom settings, the score is meaningless unless you have someone with the exact same settings to compare it to.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
just run a performance preset, when you go doing your own custom settings, the score is meaningless unless you have someone with the exact same settings to compare it to.

This...

For what it's worth, my system in my sig got a score of 22932 in 3DMark Vantage with a graphics score of 19856

Likely reasons.

1) You messed with default settings and lost some performance by changing things to create a higher workload and thus lowering the FPS.
2) I have a highly overclocked Quad. Even though you run an i7, it cannot overcome a 1Ghz frequency gap.
3) Vantage has a physx test and if no Nvidia card is present it will run on the CPU and give a much lower score by default. Unfortunately that's part of the performance preset test and gives advantage to Nvidia cards.

Best way to determine if performance is up to snuff is to run Crysis Warhead benchmarks or some actual game you own. Compare to varous websites and see how far off from them you are. If you want my honest opinion, overclock your CPU with some aftermarket cooling that will remove a CPU bottleneck as well.

Last edited: