How high would the death toll be if the Da Vinci Code had been about Islam?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Peach Cobbler really isn't a pie but it is just as good. I love Blueberry cobbler.

But the OP does make a good point
<--- take it to P&N

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
islam is a death cult
http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina50218.htm

sure most can be good in their daily life despite of their religion. most are "bad" and pick and choose or ignore out of ignorance or laziness. but that doesn't make the religion good at all. and well, even most nazi's didn't go home andkick their children, they were good in most other aspects of their lives. it just was bad if u happend to be a jew is all...

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: alimoalem
i agree with both of the following

Originally posted by: SampSon
Since Islam is the truth, no one would dare to write a book like that!

Originally posted by: Amdiggidy
Zero [deaths]

thats why islamists see it as ok to blow people up. its the absolute undeniable unflawed direct from god truth from god. now you see the flaw in that kind of absolutism?? and why its nearly impossible to really reform? all the horrors containedw ithin that holy book cannot be explained away as scribbles of failable human disciples. its just there mocking the reformers and reinforcing the fundmanentalists view. don't even get into the life of mohammed and the poor example he set by mixing state/religious/war making power.

You need a new hobby. That or go read the Quran for once.

Uh, I doubt many religious people are happy to list out the flaws in their religion.

Aug 14, 2001
Islam isn't very peaceful at all if you take it literally as some people do. It calls for the death penalty routinely through barbaric means, discrimination of some religious minorities to different degrees, and death for apostasy. I'm not sure how you can say that this is a very peaceful set of ideas. I suppose many religions are like this. Is Islam more peaceful than other religions? I'm not sure about that as I am not religious of any kind, but my set of beliefs that doesn't depend on any set of ideas formed thousands of years ago doesn't call for the death penalty for having sex or changing your religion or even commonly discriminating against other people.