How high would the death toll be if the Da Vinci Code had been about Islam?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
its just the truth, suicide bombers would raid the theaters thats for sure. thats a good 50 kills per tightly packed theater i bet.
the death fatwas would fly!

so while i'm not defending christianity or anything. be reasonable. not every ideology is equal, thats just nonsense. some are plainly inferior. i know its gonna hurt feelings or seem mean which is why people stick to the politically correct line, but thats just the honest truth.

just think of them as different types of cancers. islam is extremely resistant to treatment.

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
hmm. interesting question.

How many deaths were there as a result of that film by van gogh? And salman rushdie's book?
That should be a good proxy...

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Theo Van Gogh anyone? We already know what would happen, as he was killed for his movie. Others involved live in fear for their lives.

Feb 10, 2000
This was just the conversation I had after I saw it. I would think the death toll would already be in the thousands. The DaVinci Code was certainly far more directly critical of the Catholic Church than any criticism of Islam I've ever heard of, including The Satanic Verses.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
seriously, riots, suicide bombings, all hell would have broken loose. i want someone to try.