How hard is it to install Keyless entry/alarm

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I was looking through some auction sites and keyless entry sytems are a good price. I was thinking about getting one with keyless entry, alarm, ignition starter...........now how hard is it to install this kind of system.......I imagine it requires some work....but I have messed around with the audio systems of the cars and stuff.......

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
not too difficult...only if u know what you're doing...just takes lots of cutting wires and slodering them.

but it's really hard and scary if u don't know what your'e doing. and confusing because the schematic sucsk

heh

goodl uck

if u are in orange county area, my homie does them for a good price.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
orange county, FL or orange county, CA........?

Edit: Just so I don't get cheated, what's considered a good price?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Believe it or not...

...I went into Autozone on Valentine's Day to buy a fan belt. On the closeout shelf was a remote starter/alarm/keyless entry setup for $80.......

Boy was I scared when I gave it to my wife instead of a dozen roses....:eek:

Hey! She LOVED IT!:D

Now I've got to install it....

Read the instructions and as long as you have a working knowledge of how a car is wired you should be able to do it. Audio systems make a good learning experience. If you are able to follow the instructions for installing a radio, I'd guess you should do ok on this type of installation.

Make sure that the brand you buy has a website with specific wiring diagrams for different models ....I bought a DesignTech Model20927.

$80 at Autozone...even comes with an installation video.

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
the one in california.
:)

yeah, follow the instructions...........if u are good w/electronics, then u should be able to do this.