How effective is dynamat?

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I bought some for my car.. enough to do the doors (12 sq ft) and 4sq ft for the trunk..

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
it depends what you are trying to do.

It wont stop rattles, it will improve SQ

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
If applied properly, it works well. By applied properly, I mean actually spending the time to paste it on and use a roller to make sure it adheres tight against the surface.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
bleh I was hoping it would help whatever the hell is rattling in my door. I took my dash all apart yesterday and I don't believe it's in there.

I got for CRAZY cheap though

door kit (usually 89.99) for $34
4 sq ft (usually 49.99 I think) for $11

Capone

Jan 28, 2004
Dynamat will stop the rattles, but there are much cheaper alternatives. You'll probably have to put a few layers on though.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I used some stuff kinda like it on a machine I was building at my old work. It silenced it quite a bit. but that was in an industrial application never used it in a car...hear good things though. I suppose it depends on what your trying to acomplish with it.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Capone
Dynamat will stop the rattles, but there are much cheaper alternatives. You'll probably have to put a few layers on though.

it wont stop rattles

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
My computer is loud, I put some in it... It made it a bit quieter, but now my computer weighs about a ton.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GoodDad

it wont stop rattles

It will stop resonant rattles by increasing the weight of the object, thereby changing its resonant frequency. It can also stop normal rattles. Make sure everything in your door is tightened down properly.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: BigPoppa
Originally posted by: GoodDad

it wont stop rattles

It will stop resonant rattles by increasing the weight of the object, thereby changing its resonant frequency. It can also stop normal rattles. Make sure everything in your door is tightened down properly.

I've taken the door panel off already and couldn't find anything. I'm at my absolute wits end with this rattling.