How easy is it to replace a LCD on a laptop, in particular the a sony vaio vpcs111fm?

bluwing

Feb 1, 2003
Hi,

Not a deal, Unless you are using it for parts to repair a like laptop. Too many parts are missing. Look for a better deal.

QUOTE: Item comes with lot of scratches dents on the top please see pictures,screen is broken ,this laptop has great working mother board and WIFI card, and 4GB RAM and great keyboard with no wears and tears like new and other useful parts. No AC-Adapter,No HDD,No Battery for more details please see below. sold AS IS!!

bluwing

Last edited:

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I can't speak for that particular laptop, but generally speaking it's not that difficult if you know what you're doing or you have a guide to tell you what to do. The biggest problem is not knowing what to undo and breaking something because you forgot to unscrew that little tiny screw that you didn't even notice. Plus I don't know about this laptop, but for some laptops you have to completely disassemble them to remove the screen which can be time consuming and a general pain.

By the looks of it the laptop fell out of a moving truck, or window, or something. You will have to replace the screen, screen housing if those scratches bother you (they would me). Also notice, hard drive, power adapter, and battery are not included, so if you want a working laptop you'll have to buy all of those too. I'd also be skeptical of general housing condition, it's quite possible some of the internal housing latches or battery latches are broken too.

I might have taken it if it was given to me for free, but at $150 I'd pass. After all the fixes it would cost you almost the as much as new laptop on sale, but chances are it won't be nearly as reliable. I'd pass.

I would suggest scouring slickdeals/fatwallet for laptop deals, you can quite often get a nice price. I don't know your budget, but here's a suggestion:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=948952&t=2423468