how easy is it to get a job on cash

ufs

Jun 3, 2001
i know some people working on cash... just wondering if it is easy to get job like that

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: ufs
i know some people working on cash... just wondering if it is easy to get job like that

i kno some people who got jobs like that also. except they stand on corners and ask passerby's..."hey stud, looking a good time?"

i really need to move.

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Its very stupid to do. I had a cash only job for awhile, by years end I had made $0 according to the IRS.. For some reason they just didn't beleive me. :)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i worked at a restaurant when i was 16...i started on payroll, then i was working a heavy amount of hours...like 60-80 a week, which is well over the Department of Labor's rules. The manager (still a close friend) asked me if i'd be willing to go partial cash, and i said yes. It turns out, he legally paid me about 6 hours a week, then the rest of it was cash. I was making over $8/hour, tax free, living large, until my parents asked about it. I told them that i wasn't getting paid overtime (but i didn't care), but they told me that i should demand getting the time and a half. I spoke up and he scheduled me for 10 hours that week...all of it was paid through the legit way. I talked to him after that week and he put me back on the cash payroll, and i learned to not have the time-and-a-half.

-=bmacd=-

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Also note that under-the-counter wages don't count towards getting Social Security, which despite the doomsayers will likely exist in some form when you retire.

Besides that you're supporting terrorism by not paying your taxes.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I did a lot of computer work in high school and used my parents' credit cards to buy equipment and parts off the internet. They were surprised when I was able to pay off the $3000 bills at the end of the month. For some reason, they thought I was dealing drugs because of the amount of money that was flowing through, however, very little of it was profit. :(

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know a couple guys who work under the table in small construction companies. The down side is if the owner is temporarily strapped for cash, he finds it easiest to stiff the workers for a while because they can't do anything about it except wait. Of course, they both have criminal records and would find it difficult to get other jobs, and that could be a factor.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
You can sell newspapers, I'm pretty sure they pay you at the end of the day with cash.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Also note that under-the-counter wages don't count towards getting Social Security, which despite the doomsayers will likely exist in some form when you retire.

Besides that you're supporting terrorism by not paying your taxes.

In some form is the key words. I dont plan on receiving anything meaningful from SS when I retire in 20+ years.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Prostitution and Drug dealing are 2 cash based careers that come to mind. Otherwise Arms Merchant is appealing to some, since it often involves travel to exotic destinations. Book-making; now there's another cash based vocation, and don't underestimate being a Fence, Goon, or Hit Man. Enjoy!

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
In some form is the key words. I dont plan on receiving anything meaningful from SS when I retire in 20+ years.
True, and me neither. But people living on under-the-counter wages tend to be people who aren't saving anything for retirement on their own. SS would at least give them some rice and ramen money to live on.

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
I know some restaraunts that take cash only and most likely their employees meak cash only too...

EndGame

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2002
I've got a freind whom owns/operates a nice restaraunt/nightclub locally, bands 3 nights a week, big screen TV's, great food, etc.. About once or twice a month he'll have someone wanting off on a weekend night to do whatever and asks me to come in and cover for them. We worked out a deal, he doesn't "pay" me a dime, but, all tips I get go in my pocket. I'm basicly a patron/freind just standing behind the bar serving/making drinks, BUT............I've never left that place at closing time with less than $180 in my pocket and several times have left with a over $300! :D

Not bad for about 6 hours of work and all in cash, not to mention all the free drinks I want after closing time!;)