how does one apply the defogger repair kit to close the L1 bridges?

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
very carefully and with a small tool. must have powerful magnifier also.

there was a big thread on this about a month ago, try a search of the CPU / OC forum

Bartman

Oct 9, 1999
I just did this tonight on my work computer (tbird 900) boy.. the bridges are SMALL!! I used an exacto knife and diped it in the fluid. then painted it on the bridges... I have a full bottle of the stuff that cost me about 8 bucks.. we should start a mailing list and send it around to people who need it :)

Bart

kw3i

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2001
bart, if you dont need that stuff any more you can send it to me: ) let me know hehe: )

digim0rtal

Feb 19, 2001
I just took a half pencil ( the kind you get to fill out lottery tickets, not even sharp) and colored over the bridges and all works fine. Took 1 min. to do (including removing and replacing the chip), why make it hard on yourself!

worms

Banned
Feb 13, 2001
I could not get it to stay wet on a screwdriver so I used a toothpick and it worked so well I actually had to blot the toothpick on a piece of plastic to reduce the drop size.
I had previously used a 2B 0.6mm pencil to sucessfully unlock one chip and unsucessfully unlock another. Both were done at the same time with exactly the same method and the unsucessful chip was redone unsucessfully 2 more times before I finally broke down and went the defogger route.

damac

Jul 16, 2000
pencil screwed up for me and the bridges are small so I painted all those bridges and waited a half an hour or longer for it to dry, then took a razor and cut the lines and that chunk popped off, popped my crap on and have been can run my tbird 1ghz at 1313 with semi fan cooling at low voltage for a few months now without crashes.

rearvu

Feb 27, 2001
I just used a narrow needle..dipped it in, then layed it across the bridges and walla...connected...

only thing is ya have to be somewhat quick about it cause it dries fairly fast and wont transfer from the needle to the cpu...oh ya..magnifying glass makes it sooo much easier.. :)

cybrphreak

Dec 31, 2000
Bartman-

I'd like to get in on that. I have some Arctic Silver II comming and could swap some of that if ya need it. I noticed you don't have PM's on. If ya want, Email me here: Cybrphreak
I think a mailing list of this sort is a great idea. :cool:

-Cybr