How does Newegg always have the low price?

Cmanser

Apr 29, 2003
On things like Hard Drives and CPU's these guys almost ALWAYS have the low price - HOW do they do it? Are they the beast of the Apocalypse - will we all bear their mark in our foreheads soon?

Just curious.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
How did Newegg gets it's name? Were they Egghead before? I just find it strange that this company came out of nowhere and becomes probably the best online store for computer equipment.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Cmanser
On things like Hard Drives and CPU's these guys almost ALWAYS have the low price - HOW do they do it? Are they the beast of the Apocalypse - will we all bear their mark in our foreheads soon?

Just curious.

Because newegg rocks. That's all there is to it.

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Same way Walmart does. They buy in bulk and keep their overhead to a minimum.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: StormRider
How did Newegg gets it's name? Were they Egghead before? I just find it strange that this company came out of nowhere and becomes probably the best online store for computer equipment.

hmmm i alwasy thought Newegg was from the old Egghead... but if you go to egghead.com, it takes you to amazon now!

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
Originally posted by: StormRider

hmmm i alwasy thought Newegg was from the old Egghead... but if you go to egghead.com, it takes you to amazon now!
egghead went under, amazon paid a couple bucks for the redirect rights..

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Even if they didnt have the lowest price, I wouldnt mind for a few extra $$ since their service is so great.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Well most items you can usually get for a few bucks cheaper but the companies are nowhere near as reliable as newegg.
As long as newegg doesn't screw up their current business model they will be set for life.

Speaking of newegg just ordered $150 worth of stuff for my mother today. They keep my business just fine. :)

Cmanser

Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Who were you before you got banned?

Actually I have just lurked here and there - never been banned - sounds exciting though!

Were you hoping for someone in particular?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Who were you before you got banned?

Actually I have just lurked here and there - never been banned - sounds exciting though!

Were you hoping for someone in particular?

In that case welcome Cmanser :beer:

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
They don't always have the low price. Many times, but not always. And lately they've been jumping on the price-gouging bandwagon of new products.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
Don't forget to send tham a nice thank you email after you receive your purchased items. They will send you a box of random things...I just got a newegg t-shirt, crucial ram keychain, case badges, and an AMD pen after I read a post on this in Hot Deals a couple weeks ago. (too lazy to look it up and link, sorry)

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
the reason for neweggs uber customer service is because Newegg is located in City of Industry. Fry's Electronics, CUSA, and BB are located there too. Newegg just purchases the new item at one of those places and returns your broken RMA'd item in the same box.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

Just curious.

not on hard drives. i seem to get the best prices on hard drives B&M. FRYS is great for that.... i just dont like em cause they killed Incredible Universe. i loved that store...

Muck

Feb 16, 2003
Newegg is a front-end for a much larger supplier. This company buy in astronomical quantities and Newegg sells their "overstock".