How does Joe Scarborough have a show?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
because it's probably the best morning show out there on tv?

I laughed when that girl asked the New Yorker guy if the editorial board ever actually even remotely considered not endorsing Obama.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
because it's probably the best morning show out there on tv?

I laughed when that girl asked the New Yorker guy if the editorial board ever actually even remotely considered not endorsing Obama.

It's depressing for me.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
He's predictable. He is basically Sean Hannity except for his branding. He'll hand token issues to the left and repeatedly point out that he's done so to establish credibility before taking far right stances. Aside from token issues of the left, he'll also embrace populist issues to buck his party (i.e. bailouts etc).

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I agree it is probably the best national morning show (we have a local weatherman who is better than them all) but Scarborough is definately the weakest link on the show by far. Their formula for success is they have a great crew and one that is fairly diverse in perspectives. Mika Brezinski definately does the heavy lifting, Joe Scarboroguh is basically the buffoon.

I'm an early riser. My wife loves this show. The real contest is how long I will stay in bed once Joe opens his mouth-it usually is a matter of seconds, especially when he gets into the "when I was in Congress" pontificating mode.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I'm just venting. I'm not sure who to watch nowadays for real news. It's a sad state of affairs for our media.

Last edited:

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Scarborough used to portray himself as conservative. Once Obama was elected he made a conscious makeover to position himself as a "middler". Joe is a rather venal character and I stopped listening to his radio show in mornings - just like I dropped O'Reilly when he supported Dan Rather and his fake documents in 2004 election. I didn't care about the position just that someone who doesn't hold a position personally but will take one up for ratings and then claim to be "objective" or a no spinner etc. Scarborough is a similar phony.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I'm just venting. I'm not sure who to watch nowadays for real news. It's a sad state of affairs for out media.

Best bet is to turn the US corporate media and TV off altogether. It's old 20th century media monopoly garbage that serves their own interests in making a buck off of out of touch low information boomers.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Joe has to be more middle and left than he would like to be to stay on MSNBC. Just like Geraldo Rivera on Fox.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Joe sure beats the hell out of anything on Fox News - nothing but Republican parrots there.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Surrounded by complete morons, it's not hard for someone like Joe to easily be the brightest in the bunch. That's why he's at MSNBC, they are the biggest conglomeration of idiots, it's where all the village idiots congregate.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Scarborough used to portray himself as conservative. Once Obama was elected he made a conscious makeover to position himself as a "middler". Joe is a rather venal character and I stopped listening to his radio show in mornings - just like I dropped O'Reilly when he supported Dan Rather and his fake documents in 2004 election. I didn't care about the position just that someone who doesn't hold a position personally but will take one up for ratings and then claim to be "objective" or a no spinner etc. Scarborough is a similar phony.

You're a bit out of date-Scarborough now portrays himself as a true conservative or real conservative (I forget which) in order to distinguish himself from the present teabag crazies in Congress.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I like his show. He's a lot more honest then most conservative commentators

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
True, it's a far cry from any of the tripe on Faux (that loser Sean Hannity for instance), but I don't care for him personally ever since the last time I ran into him in Pensacola.

He tried to get with my wife's best friend back when we were all in college. We bumped into him (and his daughters) at the Steak n Shake next to Cordova Mall sometime later and he looked like a kid that had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and promptly left. Not the behavior I would expect from someone who gleefully joined in the hunt for the Lewinski blowjob. I won't be surprised if by some chance he joins so many of his GOP friends in some kind of extramarital scandal.

At least he's not a Hannity or Beck I guess...

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
True, it's a far cry from any of the tripe on Faux (that loser Sean Hannity for instance), but I don't care for him personally ever since the last time I ran into him in Pensacola.

He tried to get with my wife's best friend back when we were all in college. We bumped into him (and his daughters) at the Steak n Shake next to Cordova Mall sometime later and he looked like a kid that had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and promptly left. Not the behavior I would expect from someone who gleefully joined in the hunt for the Lewinski blowjob. I won't be surprised if by some chance he joins so many of his GOP friends in some kind of extramarital scandal.

At least he's not a Hannity or Beck I guess...

He did have that dead intern in his office thing.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I like his show. He's a lot more honest then most conservative commentators

Thats true, thats what I like about him. Not a lot rhetoric. I like him, Bill O'Reilly, Shepherd Smith, Mike Wallace ain't bad, and I thought Brit Hume was decent too. No question they are all conservatives, but that group usually stayed away from a lot of rhetoric. And those guys in that group while they will disgaree with the other side, usually are very respectable.

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Surrounded by complete morons, it's not hard for someone like Joe to easily be the brightest in the bunch. That's why he's at MSNBC, they are the biggest conglomeration of idiots, it's where all the village idiots congregate.

Thanks for saving me all the typing

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I guess that's why loyal Fox News viewers in poll after poll are the most misinformed.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Thats true, thats what I like about him. Not a lot rhetoric. I like him, Bill O'Reilly, Shepherd Smith, Mike Wallace ain't bad, and I thought Brit Hume was decent too. No question they are all conservatives, but that group usually stayed away from a lot of rhetoric. And those guys in that group while they will disgaree with the other side, usually are very respectable.

What the hell? You mention Bill OReilly and "very respectable" in the same statement.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Al Sharpton is on the air and you ask this ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rush Limbaugh and Fox news is on the air and you ask this?

I know this is a totally radical unrealistic concept, but with all the various talking heads on the media, maybe we should ignore them all and start thinking for ourselves.

Last edited:

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rush Limbaugh and Fox news is on the air and you ask this?

I know this is a totally radical unrealistic concept, but with all the various talking heads on the media, maybe we should ignore them all and start thinking for ourselves.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: