How does Britain feel about U.S. independence day?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
my question is... if the british living here don't complain, then why the faq do mexicans complain about 1836 in texas?

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
my question is... if the british living here don't complain, then why the faq do mexicans complain about 1836 in texas?

Probably because the British gave up on trying to invade our country while the mexicans are still trying and doing a damn good job.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

Probably because the British gave up on trying to invade our country while the mexicans are still trying and doing a damn good job.

You do realize of course that some parts of the US were stolen from Mexico right? Namely Texas....

Not that I condone the influx of illegal aliens....

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

You do realize of course that some parts of the US were stolen from Mexico right? Namely Texas....

Was it stolen or did we win it fair and square through warfare?

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Not British but been there. I remember looking at British history in a British museum once, American Independence was hardly mentioned.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000

To simply put, they're out breeding us. I'm sorry but I can't compete by having 10 children of my own.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Ranger X

To simply put, they're out breeding us. I'm sorry but I can't compete by having 10 children of my own.

Translation: I can't get laid.

JK man. Happy 4th.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004

I don't think the US thought it was "fair" when Iraq invaded kuwait

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

when 11 states rebel at the same time, i wouldn't quite call it 'stolen'

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: PurdueRy

It was fair. But it was also fair for us to kick some Iraqi ass.

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: PurdueRy

huh? Noone thinks it's fair when they are invaded, the ultimate decision of "fairness" is usually determined by the victor.

flawlssdistortn

Sep 21, 2004
here's a question - how does Europe feel about Germany (and they are hosting the world cup)? I mean, they started 2 world wars... don't you think people would still be a bit sore over it?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well i guess they lost a good thing, they coulda been uber...

then again, if we eventually became equal states in an empire, america would basically control parliament right? not sure they'd like that.

Nov 3, 2004

what are you talking about? nothing was "stolen" from mexico, we won it by dominating Mexico in warfare, not to mention that Texas declared independence by itself