how does AGP/PCI frquency affect overclock?

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
If you don't have a lock like on an NForce2 board, you will want to try to keep them as close to stock as possible. Stock PCI is 33mhz, stock AGP is 66mhz. These numbers come by applying a divider to your FSB. The divider for a 166mhz FSB is 1/6, so you get 33mhz for PCI, and AGP is always double of what PCI is.

But you have an NForce2 so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

MetroRider

Jun 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Metalloid
If you don't have a lock like on an NForce2 board, you will want to try to keep them as close to stock as possible. Stock PCI is 33mhz, stock AGP is 66mhz. These numbers come by applying a divider to your FSB. The divider for a 166mhz FSB is 1/6, so you get 33mhz for PCI, and AGP is always double of what PCI is.

correction, the divider for a 166 MHz FSB is 1/5. For a 200 MHz FSB, the divider would be 1/6 ;)

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: MetroRider
Originally posted by: Metalloid

correction, the divider for a 166 MHz FSB is 1/5. For a 200 MHz FSB, the divider would be 1/6 ;)

Yeah I'm tired and can't do simple math. Besides, I have one full day left until school starts...