How does 4chan work?

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Well I went to 4chan my first time today and I am confused on how it works. It seems like only pictures with comments with pictures of dicks.

AM I missing something?

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: Andrew1990
Well I went to 4chan my first time today and I am confused on how it works. It seems like only pictures with comments with pictures of dicks.

AM I missing something?

that's pretty much it.

that, and they piss off scientologists.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Yeah something is wrong with that; usually they try to make you at least think the picture is of a girl first, then they show that.

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Originally posted by: her209
I take it you went to /b/.

Ya, it took me like 5 minutes to figure out random meant/b/. I heard it was funny and all but I dont get it.

Oct 27, 2007
There are good days and bad days. Sometimes I go to /b/ and laugh my ass off for a couple of hours. Other times all I see is wang and chicks squashing kittens with high heels.

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Yeah, watch out for the traps. /b/ has been iffy lately in terms of how long the pages take the load, but /gif/ is normally the alternative if such an event happens.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
/b/ is 99% repetitive memes. The pictures and photoshops are funny the first time around but they get old really quickly. Most /b/tards dont really produce original thought. depending on what thread it is, theres always several hypercliche responses that people glom onto.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: Mo0o
/b/ is 99% repetitive memes. The pictures and photoshops are funny the first time around but they get old really quickly. Most /b/tards dont really produce original thought. depending on what thread it is, theres always several hypercliche responses that people glom onto.

kinda like atot, the rest of the internet, and real life.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Fayd

well at least on ATOT there is meaningful conversation like teh one we're having now. That never happens on 4chan. It's always jsut trite 1 liners.

MooMooCow

Jan 11, 2007

well at least on ATOT there is meaningful conversation like teh one we're having now. That never happens on 4chan. It's always jsut trite 1 liners.

Depends on where you go though. Plenty of good conversations can be had in some of the more obscure sections of 4chan. I wouldn't touch /b/ with a 10 foot pole at this point, it keeled over and died a terrible death during the summer of 2006.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MooMooCow

Depends on where you go though. Plenty of good conversations can be had in some of the more obscure sections of 4chan. I wouldn't touch /b/ with a 10 foot pole at this point, it keeled over and died a terrible death during the summer of 2006.

yeah it's true I think i just equate 4chan to /b/

MooMooCow

Jan 11, 2007
Originally posted by: IsLNdbOi
I'm confused. What's /b/ and all those other /x/ things?

/b/ is just like ATOT, but worse.... and with a lot of dicks.

All the other places specialize in a certain topic. /a/ talks about anime, /jp/ talks about Japan, /h/ is all hentai, /s/ is all sexy women, the list goes on.

I miss the old /g/ though, nothing like reading the surprised reactions of people who stumble into it.

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: IsLNdbOi
I'm confused. What's /b/ and all those other /x/ things?

I'd post a link but it could be bannable. 4Chan is an image sharing board. /b/ is the subdirectory of the "random" section (almost anything goes). Other boards include /wg/ (wallpapers, great place for unique backgrounds), /t/ for torrents etc. /b/ is pretty much the cesspool of the internet.

MooMooCow

Jan 11, 2007
Originally posted by: MooMooCow

yeah it's true I think i just equate 4chan to /b/

Pretty sure most of the Internet does that.

I honestly wish 4chan stayed an obscure site though, so much better content.......

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
you can tell the posts from atot'er, they are all fail.

Seriously though...the dudes that get so bent out of shape by the simplist things here are the dudes that try to be all badass talking about being part of /b/.

sad really.

MooMooCow

Jan 11, 2007
Originally posted by: Scholzpdx
What the hell are you guys talking about?

Serious question.

Have you ever seen a Mountain Dew fuck a PB&J Sandwich? If you haven't and would like to, go to 4chan. If not, never go there.

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Scholzpdx
What the hell are you guys talking about?

Serious question.

Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
I'd post a link but it could be bannable. 4Chan is an image sharing board. /b/ is the subdirectory of the "random" section (almost anything goes). Other boards include /wg/ (wallpapers, great place for unique backgrounds), /t/ for torrents etc. /b/ is pretty much the cesspool of the internet.