How do you tell if someone is cheating in UT?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
I never knew that you could cheat in it until someone mentioned something about bots or something. I always thought the people that always won were just damn good, but now that I look at it it doesn't make any sense.
I left one of my favorite servers the other day when I realized that no matter how much I strafed and jumped and ran I always seemed to be hit directly in the head with a rocket from the other side of the map...
Is there any way of telling if someone is cheating? Is there a way to stop it? And what kind of cheats are there?
Thanks

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
One guy, after he got through winning w/ 25 frags and no deaths, said scrolled " I love aimbot!" and left. hmm...... lol

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
You can tell sometimes. The other night I had 150 armor and over 100 health and got killed by a short burst of the mini-gun while I was shooting my killer with the flak cannon. No way I die that quick. Didn't matter, though. I still won the match. I stayed away from that guy as much as possible though.

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
Is there any way of defending against cheaters? Other than keeping away from them or changing servers?
And what types of cheats are there?

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Yes there is.

Refuse to play on any server that doesn't list CSHP in the title. "Client side hack protection"

Expose cheaters by calling them on it when in other servers.

Aimbot is for losers. - don't let anybody tell you you can't cheat in UT - I've seen too many of 'em.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Woah EmperorNero thanks for the info! I never knew people could cheat. That's why I lose to some people I always just thought they were amazingly good or something.

CAK

Oct 23, 1999
Some servers use CSHP that blocks unknown .u files in the persons system folder, including funbot aimbot. Most people don't keep up with the latest version of it though as early versions had ways around it.