How do you suppress the smell of alcohol in your breath?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
drink vodka. it doesn't smell too bad on your breath at all. at least it isn't near as bad as beer or whiskey.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: TheNinja
drink vodka. it doesn't smell too bad on your breath at all. at least it isn't near as bad as beer or whiskey.

I drink Vodka and that smells bad for her.

She doesn't want me to drink even when she is not around!

I'm gonna dump her. Imagine what a bitch she would be if I married her.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Gargle with isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

(Note, don't do this unless you're feeling exceptionally stupid, and love pain.)

MEK is even better. (for stupid pain!)

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Gargle with isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

(Note, don't do this unless you're feeling exceptionally stupid, and love pain.)

I didn't read your disclaimer..

It hurrrrrrts :(

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
My first thought is that you are underage and shouldn't be drinking anyway and you are trying to hide it from your parents. Let me tell you, if your parents do not drink (or anyone who does not drink for that matter), they will smell it before you are in the door. And another thing, if it is your mother you're trying to hide it from, they have this magical sense that you will not escape, she will know you have been drinking.

Mar 15, 2003
If you want to be considerate and not smell like booze, that's one thing. If you're HIDING the fact that you're drinking from her.. Well. Not good, not good at all.

Dump her.. You like to drink.. Drink..

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Dump her or dump the booze.

Unless you're not man enough to do anything but sneak around and lie about it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek
if you drink enough you can combine the alcohol smell with the vomit smell.

Fixed! ;)

Edit: And the only way to avoid smelling like alcohol to somone who hasn't been drinking is not to drink at all ... even a couple sips of beer is totally obvious!

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: gooseman
My first thought is that you are underage and shouldn't be drinking anyway and you are trying to hide it from your parents. Let me tell you, if your parents do not drink (or anyone who does not drink for that matter), they will smell it before you are in the door. And another thing, if it is your mother you're trying to hide it from, they have this magical sense that you will not escape, she will know you have been drinking.

Well, I just wanted to mask the smell!

Anyway, That mother's sense is very true, I learnt it the hard way in my uderage years! :p