How do you stop procrastinating?

giambi77

Jan 23, 2001
I'm just wondering what methods you guys use to actually DO work, and not just think about doing it all day :) I always put off assignments to the last minute. I have a huge report due tomorrow, so guess what I'll be doing tonight!

Help me! ;)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There is nothing wrong with procrastinating. It is perfectly healthy and normal, and it will NOT make you go blind.

Russ, NCNE

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
You will stop it only after being burned. I've been a bad procrastinator in the past and I now leave many things till the last minute still, but only if they are non-crucial. For truly important things I've learned not to leave it. It's not worth it. It was a real close call with something vital to my future that I nearly buggared up and that learned me.

Oh, and also i think it leaves you as you get older. At least it has left me but maybe that' just my incredible maturity kickingin.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
If you figure out the secret, bottle it & sell it.

You'll be richer than you can imagine.

Viper GTS <-- Doesn't work well unless it's down to the wire

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
I write everything I need to do down in an organizer. I find that if I have a list that I can cross things off of its easier to do.

Stealth1024

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2000
I have noticed that I work the best under last minute pressure, however if you want to get something done ahead of time it is all about just getting the job started.

Once I start on these two physics labs I have to write that I'm putting off, for example, I'll be fine until I finish them. Just the thought of starting them though is the problem...

AdamDuritz99

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2000

<<

<< damn it!
beat me too it :D
>>

See what happens when you procrastinate posting? ;)
>>

LOL! That was great :D

peace
sean

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<<

<< damn it!
>>

>>

:D

giambi77

Jan 23, 2001

<<

<< damn it!
>>

>>

lol!!!!! Well, I agree that the hardest part is starting to do it. I could easily do one of my chemistry labs in under an hour, but the thought of doing it scares me off :)

DAWeinG

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2001
If it's something that's gotta be done today, set your watch a couple hours ahead of time. If it's something that's gotta be done in the next couple days or weeks, set all your calenders ahead a few days so it's near the deadline. Don't blame me if you miss something important like a date, class, or even your own birthday! :Q

Braves

Banned
Dec 16, 2001
shoudln't you have posted this question when ur big report was assigned... or did u procrastinate that too heh. I for one am a big procrastinator, and i also don't work well under pressure or at the last minute. Put those together and you have my very un-asian un-UC approved 3.3 GPA (i'm asian, so i'm not trying to be stereotypical there :))

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Got me. Your juct lucky I didn't put off posting this till tommorow.

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
With Daylight Savings you already lost another hour today... You did move your clocks forward one hour already, right?