How do you stay awake in class?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
How do you stay awake in class and listen and pay attention?

Only tip I can give you is stay away from hot girls in class (too much distraction).

I usually find it's easier to stay awake if you're taking a class that you like. Personally, all my profs this semester are either hilarious, insane or geniuses, so I've had no problems.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: coldcut
How do you stay awake in class and listen and pay attention?

Only tip I can give you is stay away from hot girls in class (too much distraction).

what are you talking about? That's the best way to stay awake in class.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
prepare for the class, esp for math, always do the hw, it will make life much easier.

xXped0thugXx

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
chew gum...focus on chewing... i found if i stopped chewing id fall asleep, but if i kept chewing id stay awake ::shrug::

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
I'm really blessed this term, there are many plenty of chicks with C-cups are larger in the majority of my courses...

<----- Teh lucky :D

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
I find that if I eat a good breakfast in the morning it is easier for me to stay awake in my classes.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I don't sleep in class, but I do plenty of daydreaming. I have a sort of selective hearing, so if I hear something that interests me, even mildly, I come out of the daydream and pay attention. When it's back to the boring stuff (i.e. stuff I already know or something that I have absolutely no interest in) I'll drift back out. :D

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: bradruth
I don't sleep in class, but I do plenty of daydreaming. I have a sort of selective hearing, so if I hear something that interests me, even mildly, I come out of the daydream and pay attention. When it's back to the boring stuff (i.e. stuff I already know or something that I have absolutely no interest in) I'll drift back out. :D

I'm pretty much the same way. I wish I could make myself pay more attention though. Having to learn everything from the textbook afterwords sucks.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Originally posted by: bradruth

I'm pretty much the same way. I wish I could make myself pay more attention though. Having to learn everything from the textbook afterwords sucks.

I learn a lot in class, even when I drift out like that. That's actually how I do most of my learning, since I don't really study. I usually zone out when they prof is talking about something I already know about, so it's usually not a problem.