How do you remove the little arrow from a shortcut icon?

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
For example, whenever I create a shortcut icon on the desktop or anywhere else for that matter, it has a little arrown in the lower left corner. I think this same thing happens to all of us.
I know there is a simple way of removing that arrow and making the shortcut look like the original, but I can't remember how. Can anyone help me out?

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
What OS are you using?

I don't know if there is an easy way to do it from Windows 98, although there may be a registry change you can make. I've changed the arrows though with Winhacker and Fix-it Utilities. They both give you the option to eliminate, customize or enlarge the arrow as well as eliminating the "shortcut to" text. You can find Winhacker on ZDNet.

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
I'm using Win2K Pro.

You're correct, gwlam12. I also found that xsetup will do it.

Damn Microsoft. Why do they hide tweakUI?

yomega

Dec 5, 2001

<< Damn Microsoft. Why do they hide tweakUI? >>

My guess is because it is not supported (I think) and you know that some one will installs it and it screws something up.

toshiba3020

Banned
Sep 25, 2001
I like tweakUI for that. Infact it is the only reason I install it. I turn it to the shaded arrow. It still lets you know its a shortcut easily, but it is hardly noticable.

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
they hide it?

do a google search for tweakui, and the first result is the MS download page for it. come on!

rolleye.gif

yomega

Dec 5, 2001

<< they hide it?

do a google search for tweakui, and the first result is the MS download page for it. come on!

rolleye.gif
>>

Ya, I just do a seach for it too, its the first thing that comes up, but it is not as easy to find by clicking through there site.

at least I think it is harder to find on their site, I always just search for it.