How do you rate the state of the union in the U.S.?

How do you rate the state of the union in the U.S.?

• Good

• Fair

• Poor

Results are only viewable after voting.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Better than it was under Bush, with at least a solid chance of things getting better. So "fair".

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Fair, trending down with the upcoming economic albatross of Obamacare.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
We will do this that and the other thing. Applause, applause. Then nothing will change. Every president makes a good speech.. all bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Fair, too many whiners and ranting ninnies who don't believe in civic responsibility.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
House of cards on the edge of catastrophe. Just returning to historical interest rates will cause
massive debt service costs. Add in the Mid East about to blow up and oil about to sky and most of ya'll gooses are cooked and don't know it.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Better than it was under Bush, with at least a solid chance of things getting better. So "fair".

I'm a die hard Liberal. And things are NOT better than they were under Bush. Many people I used to work with that made tens of thousands more than me are unemployed or working (literally) as security people making $9/hr.

Gas and inflation is off the charts.

I was getting $10k/yr raises annually; I haven't had a raise in 4 years.

Screw Obama. You can't blame everything on Bush.

Apr 27, 2012
Poor, I am not sure how the others are even an option, The country is in horrible condition with our spending and foreign policy. The POS we have now has only made it worse.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
We need more voices heard, and less voices echo'd by the masses. I fear the centralization of power/privilege/choice more than anything else when I consider what will act as roadblocks to ease suffering.

It's stunning to me how much attention and money is spent on those who need it the least and how little is spent on those who need it the most. A very thin sliver, if any, exits on our current leaders that could be argued to represent character and integrity. If you look at just the right angle under just the right light you may see a shimmer of it,.. but of course we need men/women who show and lead from it from all angles.

Until teachers/leaders are championed above the greedy pig types who run the nation and it's trajectory,... until then I don't think we have a chance at improving the nation/culture.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
yep, i'm gonna have to admit it.. i have strayed from the liberal platform.

You may have strayed too far if you think America is not better than most any alternative.

There is a thought and spirit in America that is unique in human history, and only exists in flawed ways in other countries. Despite all America's problems, the undistilled spirit that exists in us makes us more valuable than 3/5 of the rest of the world.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
You may have strayed too far if you think America is not better than most any alternative.

There is a thought and spirit in America that is unique in human history, and only exists in flawed ways in other countries. Despite all America's problems, the undistilled spirit that exists in us makes us more valuable than 3/5 of the rest of the world.

i think any place, where we can live our own lives, free of government oppression, (drivers licenses, inflated taxes, inflated insurance (home or car), inflated police state.. anywhere, at this point is better than here..

i can't even sit in my own home, and not worry about whether the piece of paper in my dash, is up to date, for fear of going to jail, and paying a bondsmen to be able to breathe fresh air.. any place is better than this.

and you, like me, probably know that it IS up to date.. but fuck man, i shouldn't have to sit here and doublethink it... that's insanity.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm a die hard Liberal. And things are NOT better than they were under Bush. Many people I used to work with that made tens of thousands more than me are unemployed or working (literally) as security people making $9/hr.

Gas and inflation is off the charts.

I was getting $10k/yr raises annually; I haven't had a raise in 4 years.

Screw Obama. You can't blame everything on Bush.

None of that is true. Gas is at similar levels to bush times and inflation is at some of the lowest levels in US history.

TalonStrike

Nov 5, 2010
i think any place, where we can live our own lives, free of government oppression, (drivers licenses, inflated taxes, inflated insurance (home or car), inflated police state.. anywhere, at this point is better than here..

i can't even sit in my own home, and not worry about whether the piece of paper in my dash, is up to date, for fear of going to jail, and paying a bondsmen to be able to breathe fresh air.. any place is better than this.

and you, like me, probably know that it IS up to date.. but fuck man, i shouldn't have to sit here and doublethink it... that's insanity.

What in the world are you talking about?

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008

What countries allow that?