How do you organize your userid/passwords?

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
My wife has an index card of her userid/passwords and puts it in the firesafe.

I never felt the need to write them down and always remember passwords even to websites that I haven't accessed for a loooong time. I guess I'll write them down or buy one of those software when my memory starts failing me.

D

Deleted member 4644

99% in my head. I figure that is pretty hard to hack/subpoena.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Makes me wonder what's the likelihood that somebody will hack your personal computer and retrieve that spreadsheet of "important" passwords.

.........or you have to be really well-known or rich enough for somebody to attempt to break in and get your password to your online banking.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
Makes me wonder what's the likelihood that somebody will hack your personal computer and retrieve that spreadsheet of "important" passwords.

.........or you have to be really well-known or rich enough for somebody to attempt to break in and get your password to your online banking.

Or in the future when we have chips planted in our heads, someone will hack all your memory, all your (OMG PRON) stored, your most embarassing moments, your secrets...

Hopefully I won't be alive then.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
in my brain

i forget some of the mostly unimportant infrequently used ones though :-/

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
I think something similar is in the works

.....implanted chip in your hand or wrist and tied to your checking or credit card account. You go to the grocery store and then you just wave your hand on the scanner to pay the bill.

Flyback

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2006
I write them down and keep them in the home office. I live alone and have no worry about anyone else finding the passwords. I have far too many to remember. Probably around 2-3 dozen at any given time.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
I think something similar is in the works

.....implanted chip in your hand or wrist and tied to your checking or credit card account. You go to the grocery store and then you just wave your hand on the scanner to pay the bill.

And then a thief amputates you and takes your hand to the ATM ;)

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
For most unimportant things like forum passwords I use one of a few relatively simple passwords. For more important things I use one of a few more complex passwords. That way I don't have to write them down or have superhuman memory.