How do you open the case of a sony VAIO pcv-7772?

btcomm1

Sep 7, 2006
It's one of the crapiest case designs I've seen, I feel like I'm going to have to break it in at least a couple places to take the side off. Is there a trick to opening it?

willtriv

Oct 21, 2005
on my old sony there was a little tab by the top of the power supply (on the back of the case). If you pulled this little tab out of the case further the side would pop off. Believe you me, there are MUCH worse cases than sony's, i repaired a pc for a weird hp model one time that took me 2 hours of bewilderment before I even found a hit as to how the damn thing came apart. There is always a way that requires no force though ;)

btcomm1

Sep 7, 2006
Ok, well it doesn't have the tabs posted in the the manual but at the very top of the case, not exactly near the power supply I found the tab that you pull and it comes off hehe. Thanks guys.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: btcomm1
Ok, well it doesn't have the tabs posted in the the manual but at the very top of the case, not exactly near the power supply I found the tab that you pull and it comes off hehe. Thanks guys.
I forgot to drill you down one more step...
The model with the hidden tab was the second down from "Removing the Side Panel". :p