How do you like the new AIM?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
installed it.

it messed up my aim+.

uninstalled it and went back to the previous version.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Ludacris
Trillian is buggy and after routine updates to AIM, it can't communicate with AIM. It's a big headache not to mention it's beta software.

You're a year behind. AOL either gave up on trying to block Trillian or they were able to make Trillian so much like the AIM client that AOL's servers can no longer tell the difference between the two. Also Trillian hasn't been beta since Trillian Pro was released. It's very stable now. 1.0 never crashed. 2.0 isn't out yet which is why it's beta......

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: iloveme2
Trillian is buggy and after routine updates to AIM, it can't communicate with AIM. It's a big headache not to mention it's beta software.

You're a year behind. AOL either gave up on trying to block Trillian or they were able to make Trillian so much like the AIM client that AOL's servers can no longer tell the difference between the two. Also Trillian hasn't been beta since Trillian Pro was released. It's very stable now. 1.0 never crashed. 2.0 isn't out yet which is why it's beta......

Yup... haven't had any AIM connection problems in a LONG time. And not a single crash either since Pro came out (a long time ago).

BMdoobieW

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Is it true that AIM 5.x has made it easier for people behind firewalls to use the "Send IM Image" feature?

BTW, I am using AIM 4.8.xxxx with AIM+.

Apr 5, 2000

Isn't .74 beta, which is the only free Trillian download available unless you want to pay for it?

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello

Isn't .74 beta, which is the only free Trillian download available unless you want to pay for it?

Yup, that is the only free one. I guess you are out of luck. ;)

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
does anyone know how to make yourself away + idle and still chat?! back in trillian 0.62, you used to be able to do that. i used to be idle for 3 days and just yappin along :p

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
in prefrences (events) there is an option to "set me 'back' when I send an Instant message." make sure it is unchecked.