How do you know if someone really is your friend?

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Today is my birthday... I am gonna stay home since I am kinda sick and need rest...

Some people that I didn`t expect to call, called me...

And some people that I expected/kinda wanted to call, didn`t call me...

A couple of them have other stuff to worry about, so I understand them not calling, but is it really hard to forget a friend`s birthday...

Myself, I know all my friends' birthdays... maybe I shouldn`t expect the same from everyone?

:beer:

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
get a rattle snake bite on the end of your wang, if your "friend" saves your life, he is really, really, really your friend

;)

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Definition of a true friend: If you call the mofo at 3:00 in the morning and ask him to meet you at a certain corner and he will without question.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I can barely remember my mom's birthday let alone all my friend's birthdays. Happy birthday, but I wouldnt expect too much sympathy around here...go out and have fun, dont sit on here complaining

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
Definition of a true friend: If you call the mofo at 3:00 in the morning and ask him to meet you at a certain corner and he will without question.

I dunno about the whole without question bit. I know I'd be asking my friends what they hell they needed on a corner at 3am. I'd go, but yeah, I'd at least be a whee bit curious.

Oh yeah, and how's that quotation go...?

"A good friend will come bail you out of jail at 2 in the morning. A great friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'damn, that was fun!'"

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have plenty of close friends, but I don't know any of their birthdays. I don't think any of them remember when mine is either. And I assure you none of us care. Birthdays are more of a family thing, at least in my circle of friends.

xxAgentCowxx

Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo

no, that just makes them insane or a drug dealer

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
She let me measure her bust and other measurements.

Happy birthday Xiety!

Koing

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
A friend is someone that will bail you out of jail, a true friend will help you hide the body.

LostHiWay

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
lend a friend money...you'll see if they're really a friend if they pay you back.

slydecix

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
A friend is someone that will bail you out of jail, a true friend will help you hide the body.
I think it goes "Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies." ;)

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I experienced something similar recently.

I found out that a friend of mine, who went so far as to call me her brother, decided to book a flight to Florida after being invited to a surprise party thrown for my birthday. She came back from Fl. the day after the party.

Makes me feel stupid for passing up a bachelor party in Canada earlier in the year because she was supposed to give birth around that time, and had said she wanted me to be around the day she gave birth.

BTW, Happy Birthday.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Elitebull
Originally posted by: Amused
I think it goes "Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies." ;)

Yeah, that's it. :)