How do you increase the size of online Flash games?

arredondo

Sep 17, 2004
Using Firefox for the last number of years on a 1080P display, I've never been able to increase the screen size (preferably full screen) of most online Flash games without greatly reducing my resolution.

Ctrl+ doesn't work as it only increases web elements around the Flash game. I tried two Flash size-increase mods on Firefox, but they only increase the black Flash window that the game sits in, not the actual game itself along with it.

Any other ideas?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
It's the complete opposite of this. The only way to get them to look bigger is lowering your resolution.

That is correct. The full screen option for flash video is usually part of the host site's controls. Example, flash video from YouTube is made full screen by clicking on a small icon with 4 diagonal arrows below the lower right corner of the video display.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
It's the complete opposite of this. The only way to get them to look bigger is lowering your resolution.

It might not work for all games or combinations of browser/OS/game, but I just set my Firefox Zoom level up and scaled the Flash game up with it.

Obviously not the same control as a 'full screen' scenario, and it zooms the whole page, but might work for the OP.

arredondo

Sep 17, 2004
Have you tried FlashResizer or FacebookGamer?

FlashResizer doesn't work on any of the flash games I tried, and I don't play Facebook games for the other.
It might not work for all games or combinations of browser/OS/game, but I just set my Firefox Zoom level up and scaled the Flash game up with it.

Obviously not the same control as a 'full screen' scenario, and it zooms the whole page, but might work for the OP.
That doesn't work for this problem at all. It is a very specific issue - Adobe's Flash content without a zoom/full screen option won't zoom by normal means, and there is no Firefox add-on that fixes this.

~~~~

I think I found a solution. Win7 has a magnifier tool that you can pin to the task bar. I can use it to zoom in on any webpage, and for Flash windows/games it seems like 275% magnification gives me what I want after I line up that screen area.

I also selected "Have Magnifier follow text insertion point" in the option menu to keep the mouse and keyboard from scrolling the page. I can turn off the magnifier when done, and all of these settings are saved for the next session.

Last edited: