How do you guys deal with bad coffee at work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Coffee is okay but the provided powdered creamer composed of corn syrup solids and hydrogenated oils not so much. I hate forgetting to bring in my own half and half...

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I hear your pain. The coffee here smells like urine, its just horrendous.
I'll pound a 20 calorie Monster if I need a caffiene boost anyday over coming close to this swill. I realize that fancy pressed coffee is the way to go, but I work with cavemen.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I learned to drink coffee in the Corps...thick, nasty, so acidic you could use it as a replacement for battery acid...but I DO NOT understand how people can drink Starbucks coffee...that's about the worst fucking coffee I've ever had.
I'll take plain old Folgers or Maxwell House over Starbucks...any day. (and I agree...those are not "quality coffees" to begin with)

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
I don't drink coffee, and in the places I've been to they have those big public coffee machines where you insert the money and the coffee that comes out is always the same and people seem to be content with it.
I've never tasted it myself but they say that american coffee is like the broth that is left in the sink if you immerse used cups in it.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Hilarious... Our office manage buys that exact same coffee for our office. It is cheap, I don't DRInk coffee so I don't care.

NiceCold

May 14, 2011
folgers is the worst of all grocery brand coffee. even maxwell taste better. no idea why folgers beat maxwell in sales.

folgers taste like water. no taste at all! the only folgers i give props to is their BLACK SILK. the rest of the folger is so low end and taste like water.

if buy high capacity grocery coffee for the entire work force.... atleast choose traders joe coffee or rite aids own coffee. taste alright for a grocery coffee.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fire the employee responsible, burn down their house, then kidnap their family and demand ransom.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
that scene where they go through the whole 'i know how good my coffee is' is just a setup for this bit right here

E2YtZgb.jpg

awesome

That acknowledgment from Harvey Kitel is probably my favorite moment in any Tarantino flick. It is certainly the one moment that solidified PF for me and further established, in my mind, the Kitel legend.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I don't drink coffee, and in the places I've been to they have those big public coffee machines where you insert the money and the coffee that comes out is always the same and people seem to be content with it.
I've never tasted it myself but they say that american coffee is like the broth that is left in the sink if you immerse used cups in it.
Its never watered down. The opposite, actually. Burnt beans and overbrewed.

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
I either suck it up or bring some from home.

Some of us at my office are moving to another building. We did a taste test of various coffees and I couldn't vote for any of them because they were so bad. I may just bring my own french press and grind the beans at home. I've heard of other people who chipped in for a Keurig and employees bring in their own k-cups.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I either suck it up or bring some from home.

Some of us at my office are moving to another building. We did a taste test of various coffees and I couldn't vote for any of them because they were so bad. I may just bring my own french press and grind the beans at home. I've heard of other people who chipped in for a Keurig and employees bring in their own k-cups.

French presses are too messy for most offices. I'd recommend getting some time of pour over maker and an electric kettle.

I use a french press on weekends because I have time to clean it, and use one of these for weekdays:
41iQSsoVNOL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Chemex-Drip-Co...r+coffee+maker

I.M.Weasel

Dec 21, 2012
The worst I got was watered down coffee, I think I refused to swallow and tipped it in the sink hole and had a glass of water instead.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Lies, it depends on the flavor packages you have.

Keurig is just the coffee maker.

and every single k-cup through the keurig sucks.

/coffeesnob

that said, k-cup coffee is better than nothing.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Bring your own. Or even better, if you don't have a keurig, get together with some people to see if they want to buy one and everybody pitches in. Then everyone can bring any coffee K cups they want.

Where I work we have a keurig and Tassimo and we have a cantine with different cups to choose from, along with chips and chocolate bars. It's actually pretty nice to have, especially on night shifts. I tend to eat several chocolate bars and chips per day though, bad habbit. :p