How do you get rid of ringworm?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MeddyDuo

Jan 15, 2007
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Originally posted by: MeddyDuo
Well I read somewhere that the chlorine will get rid of ringworm.

I'm going to ask again, why do you think you have ringworm? Have you had it diagnosed by a doctor?
There are a couple distinct ring patches. That's why.
I'm thinking about going to a doctor though. Actually I think she's a nurse practitioner.

MeddyDuo

Jan 15, 2007
Originally posted by: djheater
Originally posted by: Captante
The only thing I know of that will help is Athletes foot medication like Micatin or Lotrimin ointment & according to WebMD slightly more potent versions of these medications are the first line of defense a doctor will often try too.

However if you have more then one or two lesions and/or stubborn recurring infections, they may be an indication of a more serious underlying condition & you really should seek medical treatment before they become worse.

E-Medicine link

Web MD link

Opportunistic infecitons like ringworm and jock itch that persist can often be the sign of a dpressed immune response.
That's weird because I can't remember the last time I got sick, and I only eat healthy foods.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Well I read somewhere that the chlorine will get rid of ringworm.

I'm going to ask again, why do you think you have ringworm? Have you had it diagnosed by a doctor?
There are a couple distinct ring patches. That's why.
I'm thinking about going to a doctor though. Actually I think she's a nurse practitioner.

Ringworm isn't the only thing that can cause ring shaped rashes. Talk to a doctor or nurse.