how do you get a game out of windowed mode in Vista 64

D13S3L

Nov 6, 2007
jonesthewine got it... there is usually an option in the graphics settings.

Throckmorton <-- Vista hater?

bullbert

May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Install WinXP

Or dual boot, if you live/work in an environment that requires you to use the lastest and greatest and buggyiest software (ie Windows Vista, Office 2007, etc).

By day, boot in Vista and fight the OS and Tool bugs. By night, boot in XP and fight the aliens/Nazis/Beaucrats.

edit: Throckmorton *may* be a Vista hater, but that does not make him wrong. May of you might not have been walking and talking yet to even remember how bad the original version of XP was. It was not until SP2 that things *really* quieted down. It is the same with Vista. *****

***** "It's all happened before, and will all happen again." -Battlestar Galactica Cyclon

obeseotron

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had this problem with the Crysis demo. Launch the game, wait for all the movies to run through, then when the menu screen is loaded press alt-enter and quit the game. It stated fullscreen from then on for me.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: bullbert
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Install WinXP

Or dual boot, if you live/work in an environment that requires you to use the lastest and greatest and buggyiest software (ie Windows Vista, Office 2007, etc).

By day, boot in Vista and fight the OS and Tool bugs. By night, boot in XP and fight the aliens/Nazis/Beaucrats.

edit: Throckmorton *may* be a Vista hater, but that does not make him wrong. May of you might not have been walking and talking yet to even remember how bad the original version of XP was. It was not until SP2 that things *really* quieted down. It is the same with Vista. *****

***** "It's all happened before, and will all happen again." -Battlestar Galactica Cyclon

not really :p

Vista doesn't even *need* SP1 to play new games as well as XP - for the last six months through right now

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
i have had this happen only with Hellgate:London ... very occasionally [i think if i left something running - it is a nasty resource memory-eating hogg]; just clicking on the Hg:L program at the bottom returns me to full screen

also, this is the first game where i ever needed to Alt+Tab when it started to bog - from 50+ FPS instantly down to 1 FPS ... *chug*Chug*chug* - during several extremely taxing firefights where the entire screen was full of action and explosions - and then it returns back to a normal 30 FPS in that same scene :p
-and i have a AMD card
:Q