How do you call in sick?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
me, "Can you make it without me there today?"
them, "Well, I guess. Is there som....."
me, click

3point14

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
boss: Where are you?
me: I'm sorry, I can't come into work today.
boss: Why?
me: I have a case of anal-glaucoma.
boss: huh, what's that?!?
me: I just can see my butt coming into work today!

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
I call my boss on his cell that morning and tell him I'm not feeling well and I'll be staying home. Heck, everyone knows you gotta take a day off here and there whether you're actually sick or not. I do come to work sometimes when I'm not feeling my best, but not contagious, and will stay for a couple hours and then head home. Other times I just feel like taking an unschedule day off.

techfuzz

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Yup I called in yesterday: 1st call, Front Desk: "Hi this is Nick, I'm not feeling well today and will not be in the office"
2nd call, my boss:"Hey Mark, it's Nick, I'm not feeling well today and won't be in" Both were left for voicemail and no one said anything to me about it today either.

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
This will go over good, but I will not accept the phone calls from a wives. If they call, it is as if I never received a call. You will be no call/ no show (suspension), unless you are in a true emergency.

The reason is basic .. Your wife does not work here .. you do. :)

That is just a little pet peeve of mine.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Calling late at night can be to your advantage because you can say you can't fall asleep and have a bad cough or something and don't think you'll make it tomorrow, but you'll let him/her know if you can do the last half of the day if you feel better.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I'm not coming in today because of personal reasons.

Never tell'em why. Make them use their imaginations. They'll think it's something so horrible that you don't want to disclose it.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
when my dad called in sick, he said
wait, he didnt call in sick, he just couldnt move. big problem there. (back, couldnt move easily)

i called off today, saying my mom is coming home for the first time in a week (true) and i have hmwk (true) i got bitched at. they said "I will talk with your manager and see if you will still be allowed to work here"
me: OK.
(job sucks, its washing dishes @ a local restraunt)

MIKE

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: NetGuySC
This will go over good, but I will not accept the phone calls from a wives. If they call, it is as if I never received a call. You will be no call/ no show (suspension), unless you are in a true emergency.

The reason is basic .. Your wife does not work here .. you do. :)

That is just a little pet peeve of mine.

wow, you're a jerk.