How do you bypass a level in HalfLife?

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I'm stuck on the "On A Rail" level, and I want to skip it. I enabled the console, so that's not a problem. I think the command is /map XXXXX but I'm not sure what to put in.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I know I know, but I'm just sick of that damn level! I've been running up and down the tracks for a couple hours and I've had enough!:)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
it took me all of 10 minutes at the most to beat those levels, I think. When you come to each of the two rocket guys, all you have to do is stop the cart around the corner, where he can't see you and get off on one side. Run around the corner on the far side, drawing his fire. When the rockets are close to hitting you, jump the tracks to the other side of the rails and run like hell.

When the rockets explode, crouch and walk. He can't hit you when you're crouched. Just pull up your six-shooter/crossbow and hit him in the head/shin. Go back and get the cart.

Then move on.

There are two of them, and you can take them bot out the same way.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Here's another solution:

stop the cart before the corner, and jump of on the inside corner. Activate the sniper scope on the crossbow. VERY slowly, strafe just so you can barrely see the Marine around the corner. He won't be able to see you at all, if you do it right and stay just out of sight.

Nail him and move on.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Thanks for the hints, but I'm stuck in the middle of the level somewhere running down the tracks with no cart, hehe. I lost it somewhere back in the beginning. I found a different cart but I can't move it because there is a red and white arm blocking the track.

syber321

Apr 11, 2000
Those levels weren't that hard. If you really are completely and utterly stuck...the best thing to do is stop playing for a while. Last time I was completely stuck in a game, I just stopped playing and when I resumed like two days later, everything became a lot clearer and I beat the level w/o a problem.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I have found it to be overall easy, at least for the previous levels, I did them all up to this one in about 3 hours.