How do the UPS/Fedex man get into gated aparatments to deliver packages?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BamBam215, Sep 16, 2003.

1. BamBam215

BamBam215 Golden Member

The apartment I live in is gated and you either need a key or a passcode to get in. I just moved here and I'm expecting a package but was worried how they are suppose to get in to deliver the package. There's no intercom or front office of any sort. Anyone have any idea?

2. Mill

Mill Lifer

Follow another car in or not deliver it. If they don't deliver it you will have to pick it up at the Post Office.

3. brxndxn

brxndxn Diamond Member

At my old apt complex, the UPS guy had his own gate key.

It's funny.. once I left my door unlocked and I found my package inside my apartment when I came back. I was the only person living at my apartment at the time. It was a funny feeling.. but I guess it's better than leaving a bunch of computer parts in a box outside or having to pick them up.

UPS is cool.

4. Hubris

Hubris Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure most gated communities give pass keys to 'official' personnel.

5. BatmanNate

BatmanNate Lifer

Most electronic entry ones have a universal key code for emergency personel.

6. nitsuj3580

nitsuj3580 Platinum Member

although our complex is gated, the front doors are accessible

we got a door man and he just signs for the packages and puts them in the package pick up room.

UPS or FedEx guys leave a little slip on your mailbox saying you got a package.

7. Mill

Mill Lifer

Yes, a lot of them do that as well...

8. TwinkleToes77

TwinkleToes77 Diamond Member

We live in a gated community too. And you have to check in at the gate house/security guard before he will open the gate if you are a guest/delivery person. They actually call up to verify that you have a delivery or are expecting a visitor before they allow the person through. and THEN once they get through the gate they still have to go to the lobby and call up to suite before being let into the door.

9. BamBam215

BamBam215 Golden Member

Our mailboxes are inside the gates so there's no way he/she can drop a slip there. I know for sure postal employees can get in because it's usually the same people delivering the routes. I wasn't sure if the UPS/Fedex guy comes here often enough (only 8 apartments) to actually be given a key/passcode. And we don't have anyone manning the front gates.