How do the UPS/Fedex man get into gated aparatments to deliver packages?

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
The apartment I live in is gated and you either need a key or a passcode to get in. I just moved here and I'm expecting a package but was worried how they are suppose to get in to deliver the package. There's no intercom or front office of any sort. Anyone have any idea?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Follow another car in or not deliver it. If they don't deliver it you will have to pick it up at the Post Office.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
At my old apt complex, the UPS guy had his own gate key.

It's funny.. once I left my door unlocked and I found my package inside my apartment when I came back. I was the only person living at my apartment at the time. It was a funny feeling.. but I guess it's better than leaving a bunch of computer parts in a box outside or having to pick them up.

UPS is cool.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
I'm pretty sure most gated communities give pass keys to 'official' personnel.

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
although our complex is gated, the front doors are accessible

we got a door man and he just signs for the packages and puts them in the package pick up room.

UPS or FedEx guys leave a little slip on your mailbox saying you got a package.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Hubris
I'm pretty sure most gated communities give pass keys to 'official' personnel.

Yes, a lot of them do that as well...

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
We live in a gated community too. And you have to check in at the gate house/security guard before he will open the gate if you are a guest/delivery person. They actually call up to verify that you have a delivery or are expecting a visitor before they allow the person through. and THEN once they get through the gate they still have to go to the lobby and call up to suite before being let into the door.

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
Our mailboxes are inside the gates so there's no way he/she can drop a slip there. I know for sure postal employees can get in because it's usually the same people delivering the routes. I wasn't sure if the UPS/Fedex guy comes here often enough (only 8 apartments) to actually be given a key/passcode. And we don't have anyone manning the front gates.