How do I work out THESE muscles???

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
Okay, the muscles I really need to concentrate on for myself is some I do not know how to get to properly. Okay, here are a couple questions to get these things BIGGER...

1. How do I really tune / work on the muscle below my armpits? (on ribcage)
2. How can I really work the muscle on my mid-side back? (not the muscle that runs with the spinal cord, and not my upper back. MID-back on the sides ... rear rib cage)

3... what's the best way to work on the pecks to get some size to it? :p

Anyways thanks for the help, it's always nice to help a skinny guy out :) ...

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Try some wide-grip behind-the-back pullups for number 2. Grab a chinup bar /w a grip that makes your elbows at a little more than 90 degrees, with palms away. Pull yourself up so that the bar is behind your head at the top.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
And for number 1, I don't really think there is a muscle there. If there is, I don't know what it does.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
WOrking your pecs should transfer to the side of your ribcage.
If you put your arm straight out, and lower it while putting resistance on it, you'll notice your pec flexes along with those muscles. Find an exercise with that type of motion.

For your middle back, there's a couple machines at gyms which are like a reverse ab crunch. That and a Roman Chair might help. Also don't forget to work your obliques.

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
I think for #1 you're referring to the Serratus Anterior. (thanks for the great site BTW eraser) What I've always done to exercise these is upper-body twists (I don't know the real name of the exercise...) There's a machine where you sit down, and you put your arms out to the side kind of like you would for the Butterfly. But, you twist your whole torso from side to side. You can switch it so that you can do either Right-to-Left or Left-to-Right twists.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: UberDave
Okay, the muscles I really need to concentrate on for myself is some I do not know how to get to properly. Okay, here are a couple questions to get these things BIGGER...

1. How do I really tune / work on the muscle below my armpits? (on ribcage)
2. How can I really work the muscle on my mid-side back? (not the muscle that runs with the spinal cord, and not my upper back. MID-back on the sides ... rear rib cage)

3... what's the best way to work on the pecks to get some size to it? :p

Anyways thanks for the help, it's always nice to help a skinny guy out :) ...

35 degree dumbell or barbell presses (i prefer dumbell) wide... flyes are definently the best way to get massive in that area... heavy, use free weights 35 degrees incline...

No2 deadlifts... no question about that one...

No3 Dumbell or barbell presses... free weights, flat, incline... 4*6 and go as heavy as you can, when you can do 6 increase the weight so that you can only do 3....

Rewind and repeat...