How do I set my DMA mode on A7N8X?

Magnumike1

Jan 5, 2003
When I used VIA boards I could go into device manager then click on IDE controllers/properties and set my DMA preferences. However, on this board, when I click on the IDE controller in device manager and then on nforce IDE controllers/properties, it doesn't give me a tab for doing that. the only tabs there are "General, Driver, and processes". There is nothing there for me to set DMA mode. Can I do it on this board or is it automatically set to the highest DMA mode my HD will run at?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Magnumike1
When I used VIA boards I could go into device manager then click on IDE controllers/properties and set my DMA preferences. However, on this board, when I click on the IDE controller in device manager and then on nforce IDE controllers/properties, it doesn't give me a tab for doing that. the only tabs there are "General, Driver, and processes". There is nothing there for me to set DMA mode. Can I do it on this board or is it automatically set to the highest DMA mode my HD will run at?

theres no Advanced Settings tab under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers in either the Primary IDE or Secondary IDE Channel? Its there for me and I'm also running the A7N8X.

Magnumike1

Jan 5, 2003
I ma using the 2.00 drivers from the nvidia site and no I don't have an advanced tab. I also noticed that there is no primary and secondary controller. Just an NVIDIA nforce IDE controller.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Download the 1.16 Nforce UDA's from Asus' website. These are actually newer/optimized drivers for the A7N8X-DLX (get hte A7N8X if you don't have the deluxe).

Uninstall/remove the IDE controllers from device manager and then reboot.

Install the 1.16 drivers and see if the advanced tab is there.

Chiz