How do I make my PC recognize my iPhone when I connect via USB to access pictures?

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by Duder1no, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Duder1no

Duder1no Senior member

Like the title says, how do I make my PC recognize my iPhone when I connect it via USB to access pictures stored on the iPhone?

Requested Move to SFW

-Apple Mod Aphex

#1 Duder1no, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
  2. zylander

zylander Platinum Member

Once you plug it in, the iPhone should pop up in 'My Computer' automatically.

3. Emulex

Emulex Diamond Member

yah it just pops up and is a device dude. unless your itunes install is whack and the drivers are mucked up. the iphone is on? you do need itunes installed

4. Duder1no

Duder1no Senior member

the popup thing came up once but i think i somehow disabled it and no longer comes up, how do i reactivate it?

the iphone is recognized and is recharged, iTunes starts up but i can'g get my PC to recognize it as a device :(

#4 Duder1no, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. ChAoTiCpInOy

ChAoTiCpInOy Diamond Member

Uninstall the driver for the iPhone and then let it reinstall.

6. Emulex

Emulex Diamond Member

move to a different port like all else lame with windows usb

7. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

I had this problem too a while back. If you google it, you'll find a link to instructions to fix the issue.

8. airdata

airdata Diamond Member

9. luv2liv

luv2liv Platinum Member

u want the iphone to work as a USB flash drive???
    afaik, it doesnt work that way. u gotta install itunes and then sync a folder on your pc as a picture folder. all of your photos on iphone will be dumped there. thats why i hate itunes!

10. FoxFifth

FoxFifth Member

I have an iPhone 4 with latest iOS and I don't need iTunes to transfer pictures that were taken with the iPhone from the iPhone to my Windows 7 computer. As long as there are any pictures in the iPhone "Camera Roll" (i.e., pictures taken with the iPhone camera), when I attach the phone via USB it is automatically detected and I get both an autoplay dialog and it shows up in Computer along with my drives and I can transfer the pictures from the phone to the computer -- but only the "Camera Roll" pictures. If I have pictures in "Photo Library" (i.e., pictures stored from a source other than directly from the iPhone camera) but none in "Camera Roll" then I do not get an autoplay dialog (and I believe that it also doesn't show up in Computer) as there are no pictures available to be transferred from the phone to the computer. I do need to use iTunes to synch the "Photo Library" pictures. In short, it treats pictures taken with the iPhone camera and left on the iPhone differently than pictures which originated in places other than the iPhone camera. I do also hate iTunes.