How do I make itunes look normal?

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by SpatiallyAware, Feb 1, 2013.

1. SpatiallyAware

I haven't used itunes much in the past year, but one of the last couple versions has completely changed the layout.

I figured out how to get the sidebar back, but the main 'list' (where songs are shown) does not look the same. It's impossible to search by song name, it appears to be search by album. It's really frustrating.

Any tips?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - make itunes normal Forum Date
    iTunes and AIM - newer versions make my computer eat itself Software for Windows May 21, 2008
    How do I make iTune get album cover from WMP 11? Software for Windows Mar 21, 2008
    iTunes making my floppy drive trying to access a floppy that's not there. Software for Windows Sep 15, 2007
    Program keyboard (WinXP) to make iTunes jump to next song? Software for Windows Jan 31, 2006
    iTunes - Anyway to make it play through 5.1? Software for Windows Nov 24, 2005

3. SpatiallyAware

Alright I believe I've got it.. somewhat.. figured out. You have to click on 'songs' (versus 'albums') on the new top bar.

Search is still broken, but at least I have a manageable way to sort things.

4. terpsy

terpsy Platinum Member

5. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf Senior member

Hate the new UI.
    But I guess I hate iTunes no matter what. It's a dog on Windows.

6. TheStu

TheStu Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets

In iTunes, if you are looking at the search bar, you should see a little down triangle on the magnifying glass. Click that, and then make sure that 'Search Entire Library' is unchecked, that should make it search the old way, where it excludes items as you type.