How do I hide purchased games from my son on PS4?

Bat123Man

Nov 14, 2006
Hi,

While my son was at school, I bought some games on Black Friday sales today from the online PS4 store directly on the console. As soon as my 9-year old got off the school bus and went to play NHL, he immediately discovered the new games. Fortunately his mother was quick on her feet and told him they were just ads. His older brother deleted them, but when the PS4 entered into Sleep mode, it re-downloaded them. How do I hide them from my son until Christmas? Can I use the parental lock to somehow wall off a few games so he won't accidentally find them? I also buy games on Steam, and on that platform, I just set the Family Filter on and the game stays hidden unless I put in the code or move it to the Family group. I was searching through various options for something similar, but I couldn't even find a setting which said, "Don't download games when PS4 is in Sleep mode".

Thanks,
BM.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
This community DID know everything. What you're looking at now are the historic remains of a once glorious all knowing forum.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
I have a ton of games that I've purchased but aren't installed. They don't re-download until I tell them to. I wonder why yours are being so insistent.

Bat123Man

Nov 14, 2006
I dunno, I've deleted it again. He's in the basement now, hopefully it won't show-up again. He still thinks it's an ad.

Bat123Man

Nov 14, 2006
OK, it has stayed listed under "Purchased", and did not re-download. Based on your reply, I suspect that his older brother may have been the cause of the downloading. At any rate, it no longer shows up under my youngest son's profile which was the objective. I can see it only under the main account's Purchased list.

Thanks,
BM.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I find it unnecessary and cruel. Just tell him "we love you very much (tm) and we used the black friday deals to buy some christmas presents for you. You are special, so YOU get your games one month before everyone else does".
Then every day casually tell him as he plays "are you glad you got your CHRISTMAS presents early??"

Also very useful is the phrase "standard christmas gifts are boring, son. They are just stupid jumpers, sweaters and ugly socks. We want you to get gifts that are COOL!"

Also for actual christmas get him a sweater and tell him "see???".